Wednesday, May 30, 2018

* Doing what is best for another person


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

In March, 2018, a man from the Philippines contacted me through e-mail.

He said he was a pastor and he invited me to come to the Philippines (at my own expense) and teach his church group.

God's assignment for me at this point in time is to write teachings on this blog and send them all over the world.

I explained that he could get all the teachings which I have been given for free on our blog. 

He said he did not have a computer.

Pam Padgett had a laptop, which she was not using, so she said she would send that to him so he could get the teachings for his church group.  We have small royalties from the ministry books I have written and that royalty from Amazon goes into a bank account in Colorado Springs.  I told Pam to use that money to send the computer to Allan.  Oversees shipping is very expensive.  

Everything was then set up for what we thought would be good.

But Allan began troubling Pam.  He said he hoped he wouldn't have to pay anything when the computer arrived because he had no money, no job, no income.  (This is a 48-year-old man who has a son and doesn't work.  He did not mention a wife but I would think he has a wife.)

When I found out he did not work, I told him it was very important for him to get a job immediately and support his family.  

God ordained that men work and if a man does not work his life will not be in order.

I gave him the following:

Genesis 3:17-19    And unto Adam HE (God) said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;

In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.


*****



He did not get a job and so far as I know he did not look for a job.  

Then he spoke a message which he says his church group became very furious over and they told him, he says, that he and family must leave their group and must move from the ministry housing he had been living in for the past 30-years.

He asked me if we could "help him out" ... meaning, give him money.

Though he did not mention a wife, he did mention a son.  He said they would have to sleep in a park since they could not continue to live in the house owned by the church.

He presented a picture of no money, no housing, no food, no job and no income.

He had sent an email to each person in our little church group asking them to "help him out."

But I had already warned our church group that he might contact them and I told our group not to send this man money for I was counselling him to get a job and support his family.

I told Allan we would not send him money.

I told him to get a job and support his family.  (As I had told him to do the previous weeks and he did not do what I told him to do, for had he gotten job and had begun to accumulate income, he would have been in a position to seek housing when church property was no longer available.)

And I gave him the following scripture:

The apostle Paul says to the church:

II Thessalonians 3:10   For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.

*****



This man, who says he is a pastor, wanted us to give him money to support him and his family.

But I knew the greatest gift we could give him was the word of God telling him to get a job, to live below his means so he would have a little money to use for unexpected expenses.

I do not believe the church should be feeding able bodied men when Paul gave commandment to the church telling the men that if they would not work neither should they eat.

If you are of God, speaking from God, to the church you will likely offend some in the church.  However it made no sense to me that everyone in his church group would rise up against him as he said they did when he told them no man in the Bible called himself "Reverend."  This subject of not calling themselves "Reverend" in Bible is a simple fact and can be very easily proven by looking at the Bible.  It is difficult to image an entire church group becoming angry over a warning such as this subject.

But the important thing to me is we did all that we could do to make a way for this man who says he is a pastor to have those messages we believe God has given us by HIS Spirit.

Until his personal life is put in order concerning support of his family, I do not believe he will come into the blessings of God.  

A first step in putting his life in order was for him to go out and get a job.  He could still preach in his spare time as the apostle Paul did, for Paul was by occupation a tent maker.

Perhaps this man had messages from God to speak to the church but he never shared with our church group any message from God.




*****