Monday, May 28, 2018

* Staying in evil because of money


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

My cleaning woman, who comes to my house Monday afternoons, was speaking of another woman she works for and how racist this woman is thinking white people are superior to the Mexicans.  (My cleaning woman is Mexican.)

I said, "Why don't you quit?  You are so good at cleaning you could get others jobs without any problem."

She replied, "But she pays me very well." 

She said, "As soon as my daughter finishes college in one more year I am going to quit."

I was reminded of the following:

I Timothy 6:10   the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. 

The godly way to go is:

Romans 14:19     Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.


While it may seem like a good thing for this mother to sacrifice herself to put her daughter through college, it can't be a good thing when the mother takes in hatred and bitterness to do this.  That hatred and bitterness will come forth to her own daughter (and husband and sons), so long as she carries it inside herself.

And it is never a good thing to go in a way opposite to the Bible ... whereby following after money for any reason.

The pursuit of money can cause you to err from the faith and pierce yourself with many sorrows, as it tells us in Romans 14.


*****

We have to deal with hatred in spiritual ways.  

(Though I know the truth from Bible, I am unable to help my cleaning woman because of her church doctrine.  She is Catholic and has tried to argue with me in past when I have shared scripture.  So I can't help her spiritually.)

I know it is not good to stay in a job where evil comes into our soul, nor to keep company with friends when we are on different spiritual paths and have to argue and strive over doctrine of Bible.

In those cases we must do something to free ourselves otherwise our soul is at risk.

Some people take jobs they hate in order to get money.

Other people move from city to city to get more money.

In these cases they follow after money and are led by money rather than following after God and being led by God.  

This will not turn out well for them. 

Evil will enter into our hearts if we hate something and even those we are trying to help will see that evil and be dragged down.

It is better to have less on this earth and stay free to pursue righteousness.


Matthew 16:26   For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Diligently protect your own soul.

Flee from those persons and those things that would hurt your soul.



*****