Saturday, May 26, 2018

BOOK: Exhortations For The Church, Volume 1: Chapter 10


Joan Boney
E-book:  $.99
Paperback: $6.99
(USA Prices)

Order from:  Amazon.com


*****


How Can This Scripture Be Profitable To Me?


II Tim. 4:14-15 ... Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works: Of whom be thou ware also; for he hath greatly withstood our words. 


*****

All scripture is inspired by God and is profitable to show us what to do in this life.

Paul spoke of Alexander the coppersmith and what he did ... How can this help me?

There are some scriptures which don't seem like they could be useful to us today.

Sometimes those same scriptures have been strongly used by God to change my direction and to show me what HE wanted me to do.

*****

The world teaches, "If you can't say anything good about someone, don't say anything at all."

The world teaches you to protect the name of wrongdoers.

By the warning given by the apostle Paul concerning Alexander the coppersmith, God showed me to warn the church, naming the wrongdoer by name in the warning.

This scripture was critical in showing me what God wanted me to do.

When I was on radio in the early 1980's, God began speaking to me saying:  The time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God.

Then God showed me sins in the lives of various "big-time" ministers. 

I tried to get a message to each of them warning them about the sin.  But they surround themselves with body-guards to keep the people away from them so I could not get a message to them.

So I was persuaded (I believe by God.) to give the message on my radio broadcast, naming that minister by name, warning the church as did Paul when he named by name Alexander the coppersmith.

*****