Thursday, August 31, 2017

Jesus to HIS disciples


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

John 15:16    Jesus says:  Ye have not chosen ME, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain:

A man reported to me that he just stepped onto his porch one day and all of a sudden something happened to him and he was changed.

A woman in our church group was a drunkard before she was born again.  She kept telling her husband she was going to stop drinking, only to start up again.  One day something happened to her.  She was changed.  Then she wanted to hear of God.   At some point she did quit drinking.

I can really see how it is that Jesus chooses us by the will of God.

Romans 9:15-16   For HE (God) saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.  So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy. 

Recently I was thinking of how terrible it would be for me now if God hadn't chosen me and revealed HIMSELF to me when HE did in 1975.

Romans 9:25-26    As HE saith also in Osee, I will call them MY people, which were not MY people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.  And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not MY people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.

The greatest thing that can ever happen to us is to be born again, to be the elect of God, chosen by God.

When that is the case, how can we not find our hope and rest in HIM?  Just recall what happened to you, not by yourself or by your own works but simply by the will of God toward you!  This is a great miracle of God toward us.

Therefore the apostle Paul says to us:

Romans 12:1-2    I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Jesus also said to HIS disciples:

John 15:19  Ye are not of this world, but I have chosen you out of this world.


*****