Saturday, August 5, 2017

If we serve an idol, even our good works are evil


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

An "idol" are those we worship ... many people worship their ministers thinking they worship God.

If we worship an idol, even the good we do is evil.

I've had people who worshipped me and held me in awe in the church.

I hate that, but it happens.

In such cases, God showed me even the good they do toward me is evil.

I wondered why I detested the good they tried to do toward me.  Now I see it is like those people who sat at the feet of Baal in awe, longing for just a word from Baal.  Or it is like those who bring a gift of food to Baal and put it food offering at the feet of Baal.  Baal can't benefit from this offering at all.  And neither can his worshippers benefit.  When they worship a minister it is like this.

Truly this is what we should do.

Jesus said:  Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and HIM only shalt thou serve.  Matthew 4:10


*****


Some who call themselves ministers are also serving an idol of their own minds while they think they serve God.  They do many wonderful works and often beg others to pay for their good works.  They present their works and never really say anything God has revealed to them.  They exalt their works.  Their good works are their idols.  (I see many ministers like this.  Their pride is in their own works.)

In such cases, even in their good, their works are evil.

Jesus discussed this in the following scripture:

Matthew 7:21-23    Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.  Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?  And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Matthew 23:15     Jesus says ...  Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

*****


It is only when God shows us something by HIS Spirit and we do what HE shows us, is it a good work.

Many "good works" are authored by Satan, an angel of light.  The idea to do the work is of Satan and not of God.

 Also it can be a desire of your own flesh when the work serves your idol. 



*****

Idolatry is a very serious matter.

I Corinthians 5:11    But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.


Galatians 5:19-21    Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,  Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.


*****