Tuesday, August 22, 2017

In the days of the apostle Paul, false doctrine was trying to surface in the church


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Those persons called by Jesus to be an apostle, to care for the church in that ministry office, are especially concerned with doctrine of Christ and with that which is taught in the church.

The following word Paul spoke to Timothy shows Paul's concern in his day over false doctrine in the church.

I Timothy 1:3   (Paul to Timothy)  that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine,


*****

Paul knew antichrist would move into the church when scriptures were changed or omitted.

Paul kept a close watch on doctrine that was taught to the church.

Paul warns the church in the following:

Acts 20:18-30    And when they were come to him, he said unto them, Ye know, from the first day that I came into Asia, after what manner I have been with you at all seasons, Serving the Lord with all humility of mind, and with many tears, and temptations, which befell me by the lying in wait of the Jews:

And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publickly, and from house to house, Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

And now, behold, I go bound in the spirit unto Jerusalem, not knowing the things that shall befall me there: Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me.

But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.

Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men.

For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.

Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which HE hath purchased with HIS own blood.

For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.


*****


The apostle John said there were already many antichrists in the church groups in his day.

I John 2:18    Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.


*****


It would get worse.

II Timothy 3:1-5 ... This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.  For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;  Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

(They have a form of godliness, but they will not accept the power of the scripture to rule over themselves.)

v. 7    Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

v. 13   But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.


*****


The following is that which we are seeing in today's church groups when they cast aside various instructions from Bible and change doctrine from the doctrine set forth in Bible.

II Thessalonians 2    NASB    Let no one in any way deceive you, for it (the day of the Lord) will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God. Do you not remember that while I was still with you, I was telling you these things? And you know what restrains him now, so that in his time he will be revealed. For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he who now restrains will do so until he is taken out of the way.

The restraint which held back the lawlessness was the scripture.  When churches removed doctrine allowing various forms of divorce and remarriage in the church, lawlessness moved into the church and the apostasy began in the church.  The apostasy grows full force in the church as various doctrines of Christ from the scriptures are explained away and removed from the church.  This signals the end and it had to happen before the return of Jesus according to Paul.


*****