Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Work out your own salvation, says Paul


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

As we grow closer to the return of Jesus, the Bible tells us to expect the sins to increase around us.

A warning from Jesus about this:

Matthew 24:12-13    And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.  But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

I believe Jesus is saying there is a danger in the increasing sins of this world, that the love of many for the Word of God will wax cold.


*****


The apostle Paul said:  Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and tremblingPhilippians 2:12


*****

We have many resources to which we can refer in doing this.

Certainly we pray for God to give us HIS wisdom daily as we plan out our daily endurance.

Paul once told Timothy: 

Until I return, give yourself to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.

I think this would mean:

* Spend time daily reading the scriptures

* Share the good things of God with those around you, warning them as needed, building them in the faith as you have been encouraged by God in your own life

* Renew your mind to the doctrine of Christ as stated in the Bible, for antichrist and the apostasy teaches something that is opposite to doctrine shown us in Bible, therefore it is important for us to keep reading those doctrines presented in the Bible, especially concerning divorce/remarriage, fornication, adultery, homosexual/lesbians, and works of the flesh such as drunkenness which the world today is calling a disease rather than a sin as the Bible says.

We might have to work to keep our love for the Word of God in the matter at hand in these last days before Jesus returns.


*****


Singing and making melody in your hearts ... is helpful.  

Keeping scriptural based hymns in us, such as "Blessed Assurance", is very helpful.


*****

I'm so often bored at television.

Why do I keep flipping channels?

Instead why don't I spend time nightly rereading such things as the following:

Holy Bible:  New Testament

Psalms

Proverbs

Books:  Exhortations for the Church  (By Joan Boney ... Vol. 1-11 ... Vol. 12 coming soon  ... Amazon)

With the 12 volumes available through Amazon, I could take one exhortation book per month and read some uplifting, godly writings daily.  There are enough exhortations in the volumes to cover 365 days of the year.  These reminders in the way of God should strengthen us.

Book:  Faith Building Moments  (from the Old Testament & Today)  ... Published on Amazon

I could read the story of one OT example per day and benefit and keep my focus on things of God helping me to endure.

Books:  11 Ministry Books ... (Joan Boney from Amazon)

- Taking Thoughts Captive
- Faith in God
- Following God by HIS Spirit
- Dealing with Destructive Thoughts
- Dreams from God
- Prayer to God
- The New Testament Church
- Promises From God to the Church
- Overcoming Through God
- Building Your House on the Word of God
- Escaping the Word God's Way

(Daily one of these books is offered for free on Amazon in e-book format.)

I could rotate these books and read a chapter a day in one of these books, renewing my mind in detail to the Holy Scriptures.


*****


I'm certain reading these books daily would strengthen us in the faith in God and help us to endure.

For myself, I think I am going to try to set up hours throughout the morning, afternoon, and evening,  where I spend time reading godly exhortations such as these, instead of being bored with TV.


*****


We have to "work" at our own salvation, says Paul.

Make an effort.  Endure this time by renewing your mind through Bible and godly exhortations morning, afternoon, evening.  

Romans 12:2   And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.


*****