Monday, August 28, 2017

How can I get through today?


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Every morning, I awaken and have no plans at all for the day.  I live alone and there are no people to visit with (or to be troubled over).

This can be frightening to our flesh!

I begin calling out to God:  "Help me!"  ...  "Please fill my day."

I don't know how it is or can be, but God does it!


*****


Often at night, around 7 pm, when I have about 2 1/2 hours before I go to my bedroom, I don't know how I can fill my time.

I usually do not like television.

It just seems impossible to get from 7 to 9:30.

I call on God.

Amazingly, HE makes a way, one way or another and before I know it time has passed!


*****


How can I get through today?  is a thought common to all at some points in our lives.

I Corinthians 10:13    There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

When we call on God in faith, it is amazing how things develop.


*****


One night, it seemed there was no way to pass the time.

But my attention was drawn to a TV series which doesn't sound like it would be interesting but when I viewed a little of the presentation, I found it so interesting that I even called another person and told her she might enjoy this series.  (She said that is never anything she would have thought to look at.)

Not only did I pass the time that night but I got so interested in the program I ended up going about an hour past my normal bedtime.

*****


I find life to be a bit of a struggle.

But I've also found God makes a way for us to be able to bear it.

And I believe this:  God does not allow more than we can endure to happen to us.

Often I see people going through things which I feel I could not endure but these things are not happening to me.  There are things in my life that others might think they could not endure but God makes it possible for me to endure that which is happening to me.

I know I belong to God.  I know I am called according to HIS purpose.  I know the following applies to me.

Romans 8:28    And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to HIS purpose.


*****