Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Idolatry in the church as people worship the ministers


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Idolatry is a serious sin, listed in both I Corinthians 5 and Galatians 5.

I Corinthians 5:11    But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

Galatians 5:19-21   Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.


*****


Some people select a minister to "worship" that minister.  They desire to be with that minister, even following that minister around.  If possible they drain that minister of all possible wisdom and knowledge rather than seeking God for such and depending on God.  That minister becomes an idol to these people.


*****

This is a common problem to ministers.

When I went on radio, God had me unlist my telephone number.

Somehow a man found where I lived and appeared at my apartment telling me he knew I had a word from God for him.  He stood in the hall speaking to me but I did not let him in.

When I travelled to different cities for meeting with radio audience, I had to register at hotel in my mother's name, knowing some of the people would try to find me and come to my hotel room, hoping to get something from me, trying to make me as a god.

I hated this.

They also followed Jesus around this way when HE walked on this earth.

John 6:15    When Jesus therefore perceived that they would come and take HIM by force, to make HIM a king, HE departed again into a mountain himself alone.


*****

I don't understand why they do this, for the Word of God is there for all and we who are of God are faithful to report every word given to us by God so they can benefit by that which God gives us.

However,  it is my understanding this problem happens in most (if not all) ministries.


*****