Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Avoid the appearance of evil


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

In 2003, I was having a house built.  During this time I met a man and we were planning to marry.  At one point, my contractor told me I could put my temporary house up for sale that July and move into the new construction.  I did put the house up for sale and it sold, but the new construction was not completed.

The man I was planning to marry said I could move in with him at his apartment.  But I did not want to do that.  I realized at the time I was avoiding "the appearance" of evil.

I Thessalonians 5:22   Abstain from all appearance of evil.

I asked my contractor if he could quickly finish out an upstairs area which we had planned for storage.  It had bathroom up there.  He said he could and he did and I lived there for the next 2 1/2 months while the house was being finished.


*****

A woman in our church group was expecting a visit from her adult aged son and his future wife.  This woman realized she was dreading this visit.  Then she knew what she was dreading.  Even though she was going to put them into separate rooms in her house, some people would assume they were staying in the same room in her house.

... the appearance of evil


*****

This is not "old fashioned" thinking ... it is simply Bible.


*****


I am concerned about that which God approves and I try to do that.  But in doing what God approves, I do not want to mislead others, nor needlessly offend others.


*****