Thursday, August 17, 2017

BOOK: Exhortations

Amazon.com
e-Book & paperback




Volume 8 ... #28
God ONLY Shall We Serve

I often receive emails from men who identify themselves as "pastors", wanting me to do various things for them and for their church groups.

Usually, they "invite" me to come speak to their church group (at my own expense) which is often 1/2 way around the world from where I live. (I am almost 80 years old.  I do not travel, except I go all over the world daily by staying home and writing exhortations on our blogs.)

They often ask me to send teaching materials to them for their group.  (We have no printed materials.  Everything is on Internet for free.)

Very often they tell me of their works ... how they are taking care of orphans and widows ... and how they need money to pay for their work ... (I do not send money.  I believe when God shows us to do a work, God provides for the work. Often these are works of their own flesh... their own ideas!)

Sometimes individuals will cast their cares on me, telling me of their troubles, wanting me to do something ... (But I am not God ... I do not want to be their God ... God provides for us ... I want them to turn to God with their cares and this is what I tell them.)

We can feel guilty when they do these things to us ... putting a burden on us.


*****

I know my assignment from God.  It is to exhort the church. God gave me a spiritual gift of exhortation to do HIS work.  God has provided a way for me to do this by the blog and the books on Amazon.  All I have to do is to stay still at my own house, read Bible, exhort with those things shown me by God, building the church in the true way of God for the church.

Man wants us to do all sorts of things.  Most of these things will bring hardship and burdens upon us and put us into bondages of various sorts.

Jesus says:  Serve God ... stay free to serve God, faithfully fulfilling that assignment given you by God.

*****