Thursday, August 24, 2017

BOOK: Exhortations

Amazon.com
eBook & paperback





Volume 9 ... #3 
Confess Your Sins to God ... Settle Your Sins With Prayer to God and With Faith in God

An American Indian potter, Margaret Tafoya, told me this story.

She had 7 children and wanted them to study the Bible.  So she enrolled them in the McCurdy Mission School and removed them from the Catholic church school.

The priest called her in and told her she could not do this.

She said, "But I want my children to study the Bible."

The priest responded, "People like you don't need to read the Bible.  We will tell you what you need to know."

Margaret continued saying that she wanted her children to study Bible.


The priest then said to Margaret:  If you do this we will put you out of the Catholic church and you will never be able again to confess your sins.

(Margaret told me this with great shame.)

She said, "I don't know what came over me but I said to the priest: 'I don't have to confess my sins to a man like you.  I will confess them to the Lord.' "


I knew it was the Holy Spirit of God speaking these words through Margaret.

Confess your sins to God.  God is faithful to forgive us our sins.  Only God is able to forgive sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.  Let your reassurance come from God.  Settle every problem with God.

And walk in the light of the word given you by God ...

I Jn. 1 ... 5 This then is the message which we have heard of HIM, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in HIM is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with HIM, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:7 But if we walk in the light, as HE is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.


*****

If you lie to people to make yourself appear better, you walk in darkness, not light.

If you commit fornication you walk in darkness.

If you hate other people and despise people and think yourself better than others, you walk in darkness.

But if we walk in HIS light, the Word, doing the Word, we have fellowship one with another and the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sin.

Confess your sin to God ... Settle everything directly with prayer to God ...

Put your faith in God ... 

Develop and keep your relationship and trust in God...

*****