Friday, September 1, 2017

BOOK: Exhortations


Amazon.com
eBook & paperback




Volume 9 ... #11
Whatsoever HE Saith Unto You, Do It.

John 2:1-5 ... And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there: And both Jesus was called, and HIS disciples, to the marriage. And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto HIM, They have no wine. Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? MINE hour is not yet come. HIS mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever HE saith unto you, do it.  


*****

Here is wisdom to those who belong to God. 

After we are born again, we are given a new spirit to live in us, the Holy Spirit.  

The Holy Spirit searches the heart of God to show us the will of God in the matters pertaining to this present life.  (I Cor. 2)  The Holy Spirit brings thoughts to our mind to show us the way to go.  

We have a scripture showing us how to recognize the wisdom from God.

James 3:13-18 ...  Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom. But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth. This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish. For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.


*****

If we are fighting with another person and trying to get ahead of that person and at the same time trying to find out what God wants us to do in the matter, then there will be confusion and every evil work.  

When that is the case we must first correct ourselves and settle disputes, walking in the Spirit of love, joy, peace, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness.

*****

Often God will speak to us in a dream to show us what to do. 

After my mother died, my cousin tried to get me to move to the city where she lived with her husband and two adult sons and their families.  She said the boys would be such help to us.  But God gave me a dream showing me I could not go through my cousin's house.  So I did not move there.  It turns out that would have been a disaster for me.  She and her husband got into a legal battle with one of the sons.  Then her husband died.  She had to threaten her youngest son to get him to come change a light bulb, telling him that if he didn't do this she would get on a ladder.  She walked with a walker and had many physical problems.  There would have been constant strife had I moved near my cousin and I would not have been able to do the work God assigned me while being around strife.

God's knows what will work for us.


*****

 Proverbs 14:12 ... There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. 


*****

Another example:  Pam Padgett's mother became seriously ill and was in a hospital in another state.  It seemed to Pam that surely she "should" go  be with her mother, but she was also praying about this.  God showed Pam it would be like stepping into a mound of fire ants, and that there was nothing her mother needed.  She did not go.   After being released from the hospital, her mother told Pam of people who had come to visit her in the hospital, people who often "sting" Pam with their words.  She also told that she had received very good care (there was nothing Pam needed to do.)


Another example:  When I owned my business in the 1970's, a customer took me to court over a matter.  Prior to the trial, I heard, "Don't testify." 

I told my lawyer he might not want to represent me in this matter because I was not going to be able to testify.  He replied that he would continue to represent me but if I would testify he knew we would win the case. 

The man I was dating at that time said to me, "You're not doing this woman any favor by not testifying."  I explained to Bob that I wasn't trying to do her a favor.  I felt God told me not to testify and I was just trying to do what God told me.

A woman who worked for me and witnessed the situation was going to testify.  When she found I was not testifying, she became angry with me, feeling all the burden was now on her.  I said to her, "What can I do?  God told me 'Don't testify' so I can't testify. 

At one point during the trial, things weren't going too well.  My lawyer came to me and said, 'Joan, if you testify there is no way we will lose this case.  But if you don't testify, I don't know what might happen."  I told lawyer I would see.  I went to rest room and began praying and I heard, "Don't testify."  I returned to court room and shook my head "no".  I did not testify.  We won the case.

*****

God's Spirit is in us to show us the way of God.  How does the Spirit of God communicate with us?

The Spirit of God will remind us of things Jesus has said to us.  These will be brought to our mind in form of thoughts.

Isaiah 30:21 ... And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

***** 

John 14:26 ...  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, WHOM the Father will send in MY name, HE shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 16:13 ... Howbeit when HE, the Spirit of truth, is come, HE will guide you into all truth: for HE shall not speak of HIMSELF; but whatsoever HE shall hear, that shall HE speak: and HE will shew you things to come.


*****

Exodus 23:20-22 ...  Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared.

Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgressions: for MY name is in him.

But if thou shalt indeed obey his voice, and do all that I speak; then I will be an enemy unto thine enemies, and an adversary unto thine adversaries.

*****

We who belong to God learn to walk in the way of the Spirit and reject the way of the flesh.

Gal. 5:16-26 ... 16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh:and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
 

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.


*****

When we walk in the Spirit, we consider other people, what it will do to them if we say "that" ... what it will do to them if we do "that" ...

We learn to walk in love, doing no harm to another.

We learn to be patient.

And we hold onto faith in what God has shown us about the situation ... (dreams/words/promises in scriptures)

*****

Sometimes God will put it into our heart to do something and we just know to do that!

This happened to me in September, 2016.  My sound processor began giving me trouble.  After three encounters with the equipment, I got up, drove to a business called "Sound Wave", and ordered a replacement processor. 

I just knew what to do and I did it immediately.  It worked great.


*****

One time, I believe God sent an angel of the Lord to speak to me to show me what to do.  I was asleep in the night and was awakened by a trumpet like voice saying three words to me:  Hartford, Seattle, KWJS

By this, I was led to go on radio presenting exhortations to the church. 

Within 5 days of this happening, I was broadcasting on radio station KWJS ...  

*****

As I write this current exhortation, it is happening because this morning I read the scripture presented in our blog and my attention was drawn to this statement made by Jesus' mother:

John 2:5 ... Whatsoever HE saith unto you, do it. 

I saw immediately it was an exhortation for us so I began writing.  As I wrote, the Holy Spirit reminded me of various examples to share, so I wrote them.  Thereby what I was doing was "whatsoever HE said to me".

*****

God said the following concerning the new covenant ...  

Heb. 8:10-12 ...  For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put MY laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to ME a people: And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know ME, from the least to the greatest. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.


*****

God simply puts HIS laws into our mind and writes them in our hearts!

We know what to do because we belong to God and have the Spirit of God.

We are not the world as we once were, having the spirit of this world.

We have the mind of Christ now.  (I Cor. 2:16)   


*****