Sunday, September 17, 2017

When you feel down


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

There are times I feel a little down.  I talk to God, telling HIM how I feel.  And HE always raises me up by HIS Spirit that dwells in me.

One day when I did this, I was reminded of a hymn:  Standing on the Promises of God

I went to the website:  hymnal.net ... and pulled up this hymn and began reading the words of this hymn,  As I read the words, I was hearing the melody in my head.

Verse 1: 

Standing on the promises of Christ my King
Through eternal ages let His praises ring
Glory in the highest, I will shout and sing
Standing on the promises of God

*  Through eternal ages let His praises ring

Speak the truth of the Word of God for this gives praise to God.  Tell of HIS works in your life for this gives praise to God.  We allow HIS praises to ring by speaking of HIS Word and Works.

Verse 2:

Standing on the promises that cannot fail
When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail
By the living Word of God I shall prevail
Standing on the promises of God

*  By the living Word of God I shall prevail

Hebrews 13:5    Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for HE hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Pay no attention to the way your flesh "feels".  That's just the flesh.  It passes away.  The word of God endures forever.  God says HE will never leave us.  Focus on HIS promises from the Holy Scripture.

These promises spoken to us by God, cannot fail.

Isaiah 54:17    No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

James 1:5    If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.


*****

*  When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail

howling:  Those thoughts that come to us are "howling",  making lots of noise and commotion as they frighten us.

By the living Word of God I shall prevail

We always overcome by that Word given us by God in the trials of this life.

The Holy Spirit of God which is in us rises up in times of trial to bring God's word to us and we overcome by that Word as we believe that spoken by God through HIS Spirit.

Because we have God's Spirit in us, the Spirit of Truth, we overcome.

I John 4:4   Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is HE that is in you, than he that is in the world.



*****