Thursday, September 7, 2017

BOOK: Exhortations

Amazon.com
eBook & paperback





Volume 9 ... #17
The People of This World Would Put Us Into Bondage to Their Ideas. God delivers us.

Exodus 6:6-7 ... God says ... I am the Lord, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will rid you out of their bondage, and I will redeem you with a stretched out arm, and with great judgments: And I will take you to ME for a people, and I will be to you a God: and ye shall know that I am the Lord your God, which bringeth you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians.


*****

The world sets up all manner of customs which seem right in their eyes. 

They would have us do as they do.  But often these things are burdens to us.  God frees us from their burdens and separates us to Himself.

God gave me a dream that when my mother fell "the next time", it would end her life.  I heard some strange noise one night and got out of bed to check on this and found her on the floor of her bedroom.  She had fallen.  She was taken to hospital and her hip was broken and "repaired" by surgeons.  But I knew she would die, though she did live one more month.

During the time she was in hospital, I went to funeral home to make arrangements for her burial though she was still alive but I knew she would die because of what God had shown me in the dream.

I have no brothers nor sisters so it was up to me to decide what to do.

I arranged to have funeral home pick up the body of my mother when she died and bury her without my being there.  No funeral.

After she was released from hospital, I brought her home but couldn't take care of her.  She would fall and I would call 911 and men would come pick her up again.  I decided to put her into a home for care.  She lived another few weeks.  When they called me to tell me she had died, I told them to call the funeral home.  After my mother was buried, someone from the funeral home called me to tell me.

A few months later, I saw the director of the home where my mother lived at the end.  The woman was very hostile toward me.  I realized it was because of what I had done in having my mother's body picked up without going there myself when she died and in not having a funeral for her.

The world looks at these things very differently.  But we know the following truth which comforts me.  It would not comfort me to look at a dead body.  It greatly comforts me to understand that those people who die are asleep and will be raised by God to everlasting life when they belong to God as my mother did.

Paul says:  I Thess. 4:13-18 ... But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep (dead), that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with HIM

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent (precede) them which are asleep (dead).

For the Lord HIMSELF shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God:and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Wherefore comfort one another with these words.


*****

When God brought HIS plagues upon Egypt to bring about the separation of HIS people from the Egyptians, the plague of darkness came upon Egypt.  But there was light throughout the land of Goshen where the people of God lived. (Ex. 10:22)

*****

Daniel 12:10 ... Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

*****

God says ... Ex. 8:23 ...  And I will put a division between MY people and thy people:

John 7:40-43 ... Many of the people therefore, when they heard this saying, said, Of a truth this is the Prophet. Others said, This is the Christ. But some said, Shall Christ come out of Galilee? Hath not the scripture said, That Christ cometh of the seed of David, and out of the town of Bethlehem, where David was? So there was a division among the people because of HIM. 


*****

Those who believe in HIM, in the Word, are divided from those who do not believe.

Lk. 12:51-53 ... Jesus, The Word, says ...  Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.


*****

When we hear a word from God, we are divided from the others.  The word itself causes us to be different from who we once were.  We are no longer like the other people.  Because we are different, they see themselves as "unapproved" by us therefore they cannot stand what they see through us and they try to condemn us to approve themselves.  This is what the word does and what the world does.

The Word of God is a sword, cutting and dividing.

Hebrews 4:12-13 ...  For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in HIS sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of HIM with WHOM we have to do.


*****

We, who are of God, will hear from God and follow HIM and that road separates us from others who follow their own thinking. 

Separation through following God frees us from the various bondages man would put upon us.


*****