Sunday, September 3, 2017

Benefit of Hymns in our daily life


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

The apostle Paul spoke of singing and making melody in our hearts.

Ephesians 5:18-20    ... be filled with the Spirit;
Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;  Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;

When I start out the day and am reminded of a hymn, I find I begin singing that hymn in my heart.

I have found a website which gives you all the words of a specific hymn and all the verses and you can even have sound of piano playing the hymn so you can sing each verse.

I use that often.

The website is:  hymnal.net


*****

I wrote the following to our little church group, urging them to partake of these hymns and make them a part of their daily lives. 

Email from Joan Boney:  (written 9-2-17)

This morning, I had the hymn, Standing on the Promises of God,  going though my head.  So I pulled it up on my Kindle at the hymnal.net website, and pressed the play arrow and the piano began playing this hymn.

The second time the piano played it, I began singing the verses, one by one, going through all these verses.

As I sang, I thought of the words, how scriptural and how good it is to remember these promises never fail, as verse 4 says.

I even thought of some of the promises of God after I sing this hymn

*  I will never fail thee nor forsake thee  Joshua 1:9 & Hebrews 13:5

*  All things work together for good to them who love God, to them who are the called according to HIS purpose  Romans 8:28

* Many are the afflictions of the righteous but the Lord delivers him out of them all  Psalm 34:19

*  If any of you lack wisdom let him ask of God who giveth to all liberally, and upbraideth not and it shall be given him  James 1:5

====

And look at some of these lines in this hymn

* Standing on the promises that never fail

Having that concept drilled into us should be very helpful.  When we get this hymn deeply into our inner being with the words, I think it will do a good work 

* By the living Word of God I shall prevail.  Standing on the promises of God

* Overcoming daily by the Spirit's sword



You can tell by the words in this hymn this person writing the hymn really had the Spirit of God.

I am sure these spiritual hymns can be used by God to help us.

... singing and making melody in your hearts  Ephesians 5


*****

We have a member of our little church group who is in a rehabilitation hospital.

Here is a very interest report from Renee:

There is an elderly woman living at my rehab. All she does all day is scream. She says she is going to have her daughter send someone to throw a bomb into  this place and kill everyone. We have aides who take care of us. Whenever this woman says what she will do to us the aides stand around laughing. I do not find this funny. It makes me feel very sad for her, and I thought "There but for the Grace of God go I."
At dinner time Friday night, I was seated at her table. The screaming continued. Then I began to sing hymns all through dinner. The screaming stopped, and the woman got very quiet.

At one point she screamed that she needed a straw. No one came. Then. I remembered that I had a straw in my purse, which when I gave it to her she thanked me, and quietly skipped her milk.


*****


1 Samuel 16:14-16, 23  But the Spirit of the Lord departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the Lord troubled him. And Saul's servants said unto him, Behold now, an evil spirit from God troubleth thee. Let our lord now command thy servants, which are before thee, to seek out a man, who is a cunning player on an harp: and it shall come to pass, when the evil spirit from God is upon thee, that he shall play with his hand, and thou shalt be well. And Saul said unto his servants, Provide me now a man that can play well, and bring him to me.

... And it came to pass, when the evil spirit from God was upon Saul, that David took an harp, and played with his hand: so Saul was refreshed, and was well, and the evil spirit departed from him.



*****



When I was scheduled to pick-up groceries at the Wall-mart online pickup, I pulled up the hymn, "I know my Redeemer Lives", from the hymnal.net website.  I did this before I left my house so it would not need wi-fi at the pick up location.

Enroute to the pick-up, I played the music and sang what I could recall of the hymn.

I realized I was much calmer in waiting for the groceries.  


*****