Friday, September 15, 2017

Enduring to salvation in the end-time world


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Jesus warned us concerning the last days and the wickedness of this present world in the end-times.

Matthew 24:12-13    And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.  But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

The love of many for the Word of God will wax cold because of the iniquity around  us in the last days.

*  But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

I was reading a secular book and in that book a woman committed adultery.  She asked another man what he thought of her.  He replied, "You're human."

I turned to God and heard: 

I Corinthians 2:14    The natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God 

I know adulterers will not inherit the kingdom of God.  

I Corinthians 6:9-11    Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate (homosexuals), nor abusers of themselves with mankind,  Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.



*****

Romans 12:2    And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

It is important to take sins of the world to God and be renewed again and again as we live on this earth.  This is one thing that helps us endure.

When we fail to take the sins we see to God, there is a danger those sins will lodge in our heart and later produce fruit.

For example:  A man said the Bible was legalistic.  I was greatly troubled when I heard about this.  I turned to God and said:  "This troubles me."

A few hours later, I was reminded of the following scripture:

Matthew 7:13-14    Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:  Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

I rejoiced when I was reminded of this Word.

I realized immediately the world wants freedom to sin.

We want freedom from sin.

The Bible, the Word, these instructions give us freedom from sin as we choose to depart from the various works of our own flesh and choose instead to go in the way of God by HIS Word by HIS Spirit.

Galatians 5:19-21    Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.


*****


To endure:  we turn to God with the sins around us and we hear from God and we choose the way of God.  And we make our minds focus on what God has said to us.

Not only do we keep Bible before us, but we find ways to think more on God and what HE has done.

One helpful thing to do is to sing spiritual hymns, hymns with concepts based on scripture.

As I write this, I have been singing the hymn:  "I know my Redeemer Lives."

Just look at the concepts of these verses:

 I know that my Redeemer lives
  And ever prays for me;
A token of His love He gives,
  A pledge of liberty.

I know that my Redeemer lives,
  A quick’ning Spirit He;
I know eternal life He gives—
  Amazing grace—to me.

I find Him lifting up my head;
  He brings salvation near;
His presence makes me free indeed,
  And He will soon appear.

He wills that I should holy be:
  What can withstand His will?
The counsel of His grace in me
  He surely shall fulfill.

Jesus, I hang upon Thy word:
  I steadfastly believe
Thou wilt return and claim me, Lord,
  And to Thyself receive.

see:  hymnal.net
   (for verses and to hear these hymns played on piano) 



*****


It is very important to do what we can to keep God and HIS Word before us morning, noon, and night.