Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Opportunity to return to the ways of "the old man", the old nature of man.


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

In 2017, it appeared my TV satellite receiver was about to go out.  When I realized this, I decided to change to another TV satellite provider which would allow me to stream my local stations on my Kindle table.

The installers were scheduled to arrive at 2:00 pm.

I prepared for them and waited.

One of them showed up at 6:00 pm.

It was very obvious he really didn't know what he was doing.  He kept asking me questions about the system which I was unable to answer.

I became very frightened he might do something to the companion sound system since it was obvious he did not know what he was doing.  I was trying to get him to call Patrick, who does know about the system.  Finally he did that.  I began to relax then.

Patrick was coming over within an hour to reprogram my remote.

The man did get the TV portion of the new system installed.  As we waiting for Patrick, we talked about his family.  I was delighted to hear of his four children and what they were doing.  I felt such compassion for this man.  It must be difficult to raise these young people and pay for their education as he was doing.  He did not seem particularly competent in this work and I wondered how he was managing financially.

When Patrick arrived around 7:30 pm, it was very obvious to me that he did not want to be at my house.  He certainly could help me, but I knew he didn't want to help me.

I thought of what Paul said about the last days:

II Timothy 3  ... This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.  For men shall be lovers of their own selves  (interested only in themselves and not caring for the needs of others)

I also thought of what Jesus said about the last days:

Matthew 24:12-13    And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.  But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

To endure what we see them do, we are certainly going to have to be overcome by God!



*****

When they left my house, I was left with a unit and no instructions at all as to how to operate the unit.  It was very frustrating.  

I finally quit trying about 10:30 pm and decided I would give it a try the next day, when I was restored mentally and physically.

I went into the kitchen to get the cat her food for the evening.  The dry food container was empty so I had to go into the garage.  I was very shocked when I went into the garage.  The man who was working in that area to install the receiver on the roof, had left the garage door open!

I thanked God that I had to go into the garage to get the cat food so I would find this problem with the open garage door.  

All this added greatly to my frustration.  I wanted to go tell them how much trouble they caused me.  

Then I caught myself in what I wanted to do.  I turned to God, asking HIM not to allow me to do that.  And I had a truly miraculous happening.  The frustration vanished and all feeling of wanting to "set them straight" lifted immediately.  I was free from the problem.

When I got to my bedroom, I tried the Kindle streaming and found I was able to operate this and also found it was a much better system than my previous system.

I knew everything had worked out to my good after all.

Romans 8:28    And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

But the greatest thrill for me was that God enabled me to have victory over my own flesh!  and to live in peace in spite of the frustration.



*****