Saturday, September 16, 2017

When you have faith in God


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

There is often a suffering when we have faith in God.

We believe, therefore we speak.  The unbelievers who hear us often try to debate with us.  This grieves us.

We believe, therefore we act according to our belief.  Unbelievers see us in that which we do and mock us or try to shame us as we follow our faith.  This is not unusual.

Paul explains this to Timothy in the following scripture:

I Timothy 4:7-9   But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.  For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.  This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation.  For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

I happened to mention to a woman that I do not practice "preventive medicine."

She was shocked and said she did.  She mentioned there is so much cancer today.

I told her cancer is mentioned in the Bible and it was even around at that time.

Later I realized I was a little down ... grieved.  As soon as I realized this, I turned to God and asked HIM to help me.  I was then reminded of this scripture in I Timothy 4 ... When we believe and have faith often we suffer reproach from those who do not believe.  It is normal to have this happen when we believe in something pertaining to God.

I believe the following:

Jesus said:  They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.  Matthew 9:12

I certainly did not intend to strive with this woman.  It just happened before I knew it.  I did not set out to prove a point.  

While I was sorry it happened, I also believe this is what we are appointed to for we who believe do conflict with those who do not believe.

According to your faith be it unto you!

When there is a physical problem, I turn to God.  Sometimes I will know I need to go to a doctor.

But I do believe what Jesus said.  Those who are "whole" do not need a physician.  

This is exactly opposite from today's teaching in the medical world.

I just try to go my own way with as little disturbance as possible with as little strife as possible.


*****