Monday, September 25, 2017

BOOK: Exhortations

Amazon.com
eBook & paperback





Volume 10 ... #4
I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me

We can try by our flesh to do something, "new year's resolutions" (an example), and fail.

But when we hear the word of God concerning the issue we have the strength to do what we need to do in the matter at hand.

Often, to me, the Word of God is given me in a dream.

In one dream, I was shown I could not go through my cousin's house.  That was as much the word of God as is a scripture for it was from God HIMSELF.  Later when my mother died and my cousin wanted me to move to the town where she lives, I could not do that because of the word I had been given in that dream.  She told me how much help her husband and her 2 adult aged sons would be to us but in spite of all the projected "help", I could not do this because I had the Word from God given me in that dream.

*****

In another dream, I was shown great danger to me and in the dream I heard, "Don't go until you see Exodus 15."  I cancelled all meetings scheduled for that year.  A woman who worked with us at that time said to me, "Joan ... you have to go out.  If you go out they will give money.  If you don't go out, they will not give money."

I replied, "God told me not to go and I'm not going."  (money did decrease but there was no problem at all in spite of the decrease) 


*****

Phil. 4:13... I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.  (Christ, THE WORD)

There have been times when God has just given me a Word or put a Word in my heart and mind and that is enough for me to cause me to do HIS will.

Certainly there have been times the Holy Spirit has reminded me of a scripture and that has caused me to know what to do in a specific instant of life.

There are times I believe it was an angel who delivered a word from God to me.

But the strength to do the word is THE WORD itself!

And I rejoice greatly over that direction from God. 

 
*****