Wednesday, September 27, 2017

BOOK: Exhortations

Amazon.com
eBook & paperback




Volume 10 ... #6
Help From God

In September, 2016, I ordered a rattan sofa . I think it is very pretty and it suited me very well except for one thing... when I sat down on it I was very shocked that the cushions were so hard.  It was like sitting on concrete.

I prayed immediately concerning how to fix this problem.

I realized it would be very easy to replace the foam that is in the cushions because each cushion has a zipper around it and all you have to do is unzip it and move the foam out and put new foam in.

I continued praying about this... Who could I get to do this for me?  Where could I get the soft foam?

From time to time I would remember an upholstery place ...technically they upholstered cars ...it's called "Body by Fisher"... the old 1950's "body by Fisher" that we had in the General Motors cars. (This makes it difficult for me to think of this business in terms of furniture upholstery.)

But I finally went there and found they have an entire upholstery division for furniture. I didn't know that.

They had many samples of foam that they could order...very soft foam.

The price was so reasonable: $39 for each cushion and $15 for labor.

They could fix the cushion the day the foam came in so by the following Tuesday the work would be done.

And the business location is exactly behind the place where I go to pick up my food so it was no problem at all for me to go there when the cushions were ready and pick up the cushions.

So many of these points fit "the wisdom that is from above".

James 3:17 ... But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.


*****