Thursday, September 28, 2017

BOOK: Exhortations

Amazon.com
eBook & paperback




Volume 10 ... #7
Heritage of the Servants of the Lord

Isaiah the prophet says ... (Isaiah 54:17)

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper;
and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn.
This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord,
and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord.



*****

The apostle Paul says ... (Romans 8:28)

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to HIS purpose. 


*****

The following is an example of the truth of both of the above scriptures:


A man became angry with me and turned me into IRS for them to investigate me.  (a weapon formed against me)

When the 2 IRS agents appeared at my house, the man said the name of the local man who had been angry with me. 

I replied, "No ... I'm Joan Boney." 

(He, the IRS man, looked very embarrassed.  He was carrying a clip board and the name he first read was apparently at the top of this form he held.  I realized that was the name of the man who had requested that the IRS investigate me.  This was a man in our town with whom I had done business and we had run into trouble against one another through the project.)

After the agents viewed the bookkeeping they found I had done nothing wrong in the reports given to IRS.

Then the agent told me he noticed I was not enrolled in the Social Security program.

I told him, "No ... when we began the ministry I had signed a vow of poverty with IRS so the ministry would not have to pay any social security taxes for me."  We had very little money when we started.  This meant I would not receive social security benefits nor hospitalization services from the federal government in future years.  

At the time I signed this vow, it was explained to me that it could never be revoked therefore I would never be permitted back into social security program.

The IRS agent said somehow the "vow" never got filed with IRS so if I would like to do so I could buy back into the social security program. 

We had more money at that time so I did want to buy back into the program.  

As a consequence of this, I began receiving monthly checks from government when I was 62 ... and when I was 74 and broke a hip, my hospital expenses were covered by medicare and also one month in a rehabilitation hospital. (this was thousands of dollars of medical expense)

For the past 10 years or so, I have not taken a salary from the ministry.  I have enough for my personal needs by using the monthly check provided by the social security program.

As a result of the IRS audit, I learned I could return to the social security program and as a result I was greatly helped in the future years... all because this man turned me in to IRS to be audited as a weapon!

Like Joseph, I saw the following ...

Genesis 50:20 ...But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good,  


*****