Thursday, September 21, 2017

How to know if you are of God


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

The apostle John tells us how to know if we belong to God.

I John 4:13    Hereby know we that we dwell in HIM, and HE in us, because HE hath given us of HIS Spirit.

*****

Pam Padgett was raised in Catholic church. One of her classmates was killed and by that Pam saw she could die, even at a young age. She called on God, saying she needed help. After that, Pam said she knew there was "something of God" in her, but she didn't know how to explain it. One day when she read I Corinthians 6, she knew what it was.

I Corinthians 6:19    What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?


*****


I remember exactly when God revealed HIMSELF to me.  MY life changed completely.

When God revealed HIMSELF to the apostle Paul, Paul's life changed instantly.

Acts 9:1-6    And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,  And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.  And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:  And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

And he said, Who art thou, Lord?

And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.



*****

I was reading a book when God spoke to me by HIS Spirit saying, "Joan, you know all those mistakes you've been making all these years?  Those weren't mistakes.  Those were sins."

I was shocked!  and I was changed immediately.



*****

I know God gave me HIS Spirit.  After that I wanted to know things of God.  

I Corinthians 2:12-14    Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.



*****

Being born again is having God reveal HIMSELF to us, opening our eyes to HIS truth, giving us the Spirit of Truth to live in us, the Holy Spirit.

If we have the Holy Spirit in us we have assurance we are of God.



*****