Sunday, September 10, 2017

Building and keeping your faith in God


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

When you think of Jesus, of what do you think?

What we should think of is the WORD.  Jesus is the WORD.

John 1:1,14    In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God... And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld HIS glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

So when we sing hymns such as:

On Christ the solid rock I stand, 
all other ground is sinking sand ...

What we are saying is on THE WORD we have a solid rock upon which to stand.



*****

Jesus  is THE WORD  ... in the beginning HE was THE WORD ... HE took on the form of a human briefly to suffer and die and pay for our sins to redeem us to God through HIS shed blood.  

But always Jesus is THE WORD.



*****

There is great value in singing spiritual hymns.


We sing:

Standing on the promises of Christ my King,
Through eternal ages let HIS praises ring,
Glory in the highest, I will shout and sing,
Standing on the promises of God.

Standing ... standing ...
Standing on the promises of God my Savior;

Standing ... standing ...
I'm standing on the promises of God.

There is no other power like this.  God never fails to do what HE says HE will do.  We will never fall when we build our house on those things God has said thereby standing on HIS promises, putting our trust in that which God says.

We go in "HIS WAY" as we live on this earth, paying attention to the Holy Spirit as HE brings thoughts to our minds, whereby we know the will of God in the matter at hand.

Romans 8:12-14    Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.  For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

It is the nature of man to hate and to strive and to try to exalt himself above others.

But by the Spirit of God, we refuse to allow the natural man to do what he wants to do as was once the case before we were born again.

Make no mistake:  The natural man is just waiting to take over if we will let him.

Galatians 5:19-21   Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

But after we are born again we have the Spirit of God in us.  So we have in us the power of God to overcome the natural man, not allowing him to do as he wills.

I often call on God when I am tempted to do or to say something which I know to be of my flesh.

When I say to God, "Please don't let me say that ... Please don't let me do that ... God always honors my prayer and stops my flesh when it is trying to rise up to "set someone straight" or to get "my rights".

We keep the flesh in us crucified with Christ by turning to God and asking HIM for help and choosing to go in the way of God by HIS Spirit.

I've never seen it fail.  When I ask God to help me, God helps me!

We build our faith in God and keep our faith in God by turning to God.

When we remember THE WORD is Jesus, and we read the Bible, we partake of Jesus as we do the WORD of the Bible.

Matthew 7:24-27   Jesus says:  Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of MINE, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

And every one that heareth these sayings of MINE, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.



*****


We are always safe when we choose to build our house on the Word of God, doing as God instructs by HIS Spirit in the issues pertaining to this life.



*****