Friday, September 22, 2017

Way of life is to go forward


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

The way of life is a "strait" way ... living in the rules of God, in that which pleases God, serving God where you are as you press "forward".

Paul tells us:

Philippians 3:13-15   Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.  Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded:

To allow your mind to wander back into the past and to think on people and events of the past is crippling and even debilitating.

Our minds must be disciplined to live today and to go forward in the life we now have.

The past is often clouded in distortions, not as good as we recall and not as bad either.

It is profitable to view the past when it has to do with that which God has done for you in freeing you from the world and in bringing you forth in HIS truth for that is faith building.

But to think of people and secular things from the past does a fleshly work.

Therefore we must learn to "press forward" ... constantly praying for God to help us where we are now and for God to take us where HE would have us go.

When God took HIS people out of Egypt, God took them in a way where they could not turn back to Egypt for to turn back would return them to the slavery of this world.

I often think it is like this:  The water of the Red Sea is on my right and on my left and Pharaoh is behind me with his 600 chariots trying to catch me and make me a slave.  The only way for me to go is forward, controlling my mind through prayer.

(The 600 chariots are often the many memories which would consume us to no good and put us into bondage, keeping us from living now.)


*****


Matthew 7:13-14   Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:  Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.


*****


Here is a letter from a woman in our church group who is a recent widow, who is trying to go forward in her new life, for she can't live in her past life.  That life with her husband is over.  He is dead.  She is alive and must not try to live with those who are dead.

Letter from Linda:  

Thank you for today’s exhortation (9-12-17 Jesus Ministries Exhortations).     Joan.  It was very important to me to keep me focused on Godly matters.  I have moments when my flesh wants to falter but I am trying to stay strong in what God has told me and I believe I am getting better every day.
Love,
Linda

To Linda:  (9-12-17)

All other ways will destroy you.

Red sea walled to right and left... Pharaoh and his 600 chariots behind wanting to take you into captivity... must make self go forward...

Singing hymns should help.

Prayer...trusting God to get your flesh through when flesh wavers.

You are going through the most exciting time of life now.  Building a relationship with God... really learning to trust and depend on God.

There is nothing that equals that relationship we build with God.


*****

After I was born again, in 1975,  I was taken into heaven twice.  This happened in the night as I was sleeping.  I saw no physical images, it was an experience in the Spirit. 

I knew I was with God, with Christ, with the Holy Spirit.  At that time I was merged into the body of Jesus, made one with the WORD of God, God and Holy Spirit witnessing.

After this, I knew no matter how wonderful a human marriage can be on this earth, there is nothing that can equal our relationship with Jesus.

Therefore to build that relationship with Jesus through God and Holy Spirit is above all things of this earth.  

This present heaven and earth will pass away (II Peter 3), but our relationship with God, with Jesus, with the Holy Spirit continues forever.


*****

In 2017, I spoke by phone with one of my cousins who lives in a city 350-miles from where I live.

She said, "More than anything in the world I would like you to come to see me."

My flesh was touched by her words and I even said it might be possible for me to fly out to the city where she lives.

Later I realized she went on to say, "You lived only a couple of blocks from me as a child."  She was totally absorbed with past and with anything that could be used in triggering memories to take her back to the past.

I did not entertain further any idea of going to visit her.


*****


We must purposely go forward in Christ...

forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.  Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded:  Philippians 3


*****