Saturday, September 2, 2017

Benefit of Hymns in our daily lives


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

The apostle Paul spoke of singing and making melody in our hearts.

Ephesians 5:18-20    ... be filled with the Spirit;
Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;  Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;

When I start out the day and am reminded of a hymn, I find I begin singing that hymn in my heart.

I have found a website which gives you all the words of a specific hymn and all the verses and you can even have sound of piano playing the hymn so you can sing each verse.

I use that often.

The website is:  hymnal.net


*****

I wrote the following to our little church group, urging them to partake of these hymns and make them a part of their daily lives. 

Email from Joan Boney:  

This morning, I had the hymn, Standing on the Promises of God,  going though my head.  So I pulled it up on my Kindle at the hymnal.net website, and pressed the play arrow and the piano began playing this hymn.

The second time the piano played it, I began singing the verses, one by one, going through all these verses.

As I sang, I thought of the words, how scriptural and how good it is to remember these promises never fail, as verse 4 says.

I even thought of some of the promises of God after I sing this hymn

*  I will never fail thee nor forsake thee

*  All things work together for good to them who love the Lord to them who are the called according to HIS purpose

* Many are the afflictions of the righteous but the Lord delivers him from them all

*  If any of you lack wisdom let him ask of God who giveth to all liberally, and upbraideth not and it shall be given him

====

And look at some of these lines in this hymn

* Standing on the promises that never fail

Having that concept drilled into us should be very helpful.  When we get this hymn deeply into our inner being with the words, I think it will do a good work 

* By the living Word of God I shall prevail.  Standing on the promises of God

* Overcoming daily by the Spirit's sword



You can tell by the words in this hymn this person writing the hymn really had the Spirit of God.

I am sure these spiritual hymns can be used by God to help us.

... singing and making melody in your hearts  Ephesians 5


*****