Saturday, March 4, 2017

Psalm 5 (Excerpts)


Give ear to my words, O Lord,
consider my meditation.

Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God:
for unto THEE will I pray.
 

My voice shalt THOU hear in the morning, O Lord;
in the morning will I direct my prayer unto THEE, and will look up.
 

For THOU art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness:
neither shall evil dwell with THEE.

The foolish shall not stand in THY sight:
THOU hatest all workers of iniquity.
THOU shalt destroy them that speak leasing (lies):
the Lord will abhor the bloody and deceitful man.
 

But as for me, I will come into THY house in the multitude of THY mercy:
and in THY fear will I worship toward THY holy temple.

 

Lead me, O Lord, in THY righteousness;
make THY way straight before my face.

 

But let all those that put their trust in THEE rejoice:
let them ever shout for joy, because THOU defendest them:
 

let them also that love THY NAME be joyful in THEE.
 

For THOU, Lord, wilt bless the righteous;
with favour wilt THOU compass him as with a shield.