THOU, O Lord, art a shield for me;
my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.
- protection against blows
- protection from danger, risk, or unpleasant experience
Origin of word "shield": from a base meaning divide or separate
- high renown or honor won by notable achievements
God created the heavens and the earth.
Jesus died on the cross to redeem us to God.
I cried unto the Lord with my voice,
and HE heard me out of His holy hill.
I laid me down and slept;
I awaked; for the Lord sustained me.
- support by aid or approval
- uphold as valid or correct
- keep in existence
- uphold continuously at a certain level
Salvation belongeth unto the Lord:
THY blessing is upon THY people.