Thursday, March 2, 2017

Psalm 3 (Excerpts)


 THOU, O Lord, art a shield for me;
my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.


Shield:
   - protection against blows
   - protection from danger, risk, or unpleasant experience

Origin of word "shield": from a base meaning divide or separate

Glory:
   - high renown or honor won by notable achievements
         God created the heavens and the earth.
         Jesus died on the cross to redeem us to God.

*****
 
 

I cried unto the Lord with my voice,
and HE heard me out of His holy hill.
 

I laid me down and slept;
I awaked; for the Lord sustained me.
 

Sustained:  
   - support by aid or approval
   - uphold as valid or correct
   - keep in existence
   - uphold continuously at a certain level


Salvation belongeth unto the Lord:

THY blessing is upon THY people.