Tuesday, March 28, 2017

BOOK: Exhortations


Amazon.com
Paperback & e-Book


 Vol. 4 ... #14
Pastor asked me not to come to his church


In 1990's, I was living in Clovis, NM, USA.  I was looking for a church group to attend. 

I called pastor of a non-denominational church group named, "Potter's House."  I told pastor I was looking for church to attend.  We talked by phone.  I told him that I, too, am a minister.  I probably told him about the radio work I had been doing from coast to coast.  As I recall, there was no conflict at all with this pastor.  I spoke freely to him.

It was settled that I would visit his church the following Sunday ... not to speak ... just to be in the congregation like the other people.

I bought an appropriate dress to wear and was very excited to get to go to church.

On Friday of that week, the phone rang.  It was that pastor.  He said he had decided he didn't want me to come to his church.

I was disappointed as well as shocked.

*****

A few days after this, 2 or 3 young girls came to my door carrying church pamphlets. It was from "Potter's House."  They invited me to come to their church. 

I told them their pastor had asked me not to come to their church. 

They were shocked and speechless.  They went away with their pamphlets.