Wednesday, March 8, 2017

BOOK


Amazon.com
Paperback & e-Book



Vol. 3 ... #26
Jesus calls HIS sheep by name and goes before them when HE puts them forth

John 10:3 ... and the sheep hear HIS voice: and HE calleth HIS own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. 4 And when HE putteth forth HIS own sheep, HE goeth before them, and the sheep follow HIM: for they know HIS voice.

I was born again, given the Spirit of God, in 1975.  Shortly after that, I was asleep in the night and was transported into heaven.  I was with God, with Jesus, with Holy Spirit.  No images, just spiritual experience.  At that time, I was merged into the body of Jesus, made one with Word of God, God and Holy Spirit witnessing.

A few night later, the exact same thing happened a second time.

I was on fire for Bible and things of God after this.

At that time, I owned a small business and had 3 very competent women who worked for me.  This allowed me to stay at my apartment and study Bible all day.  I did this for several years.

I had no thought at all of being a minister.  I just wanted to study Bible.

I did finally recognize God had called me to be a minister.  When I was taken into heaven those two times and merged into the body of Jesus, made one with the word of God, I thought this happened to every Christian.  I didn't tell anyone what happened at that time, thinking this was a standard part of being a Christian.  As time passed, I learned this was not a thing that happened to everyone.  By the end of 3 or 4 years, I was fully persuaded God had called me and set me into the ministry.  Several people, including the pastor at the church I was attending at that time, said I was a "prophet" (Eph. 4).

One day I was in my car and Holy Spirit began talking to me:  "Joan ... I've called you and set you into body of Christ as an apostle ..."  

Apostle!  I shouted ... what does that mean?

During the months following this experience, God began teaching me the work I was to do in the offices of apostle/prophet.

When I was fully persuaded I was to close my business and "go into the ministry", I had no church to go to.  I had no firm works to do.  I had no income.  I just lived off the money made from the sale of merchandise when I closed my business.  My life didn't change much during those months.  I just stayed at my apartment and studied Bible as I had been doing the previous 4 years.

Everything changed January 10, 1980 ... Jesus was sending me forth ... I was asleep in the night.  A very loud trumpet like voice spoke three words into my ear as I slept:  "Hartford, Seattle, KWJS"

 I jumped out of bed ... and quickly wrote "KWJS" on notepad.

These letters meant nothing to me but I suspected they were call letters to either radio or TV.

It turned out to be call letters to a radio station.

I said to God, "Are YOU telling me to go on radio.  I'm not a speaker.  I'm a writer.  I wouldn't know how to do that."

Gentle impression after I said that to God:  "Call the radio station manager."

I called as soon as I thought the business office would be opened and asked to speak to the radio station manager.  He came on phone immediately.  I told him I thought God might be telling me to go on radio and I asked him how one does that.

Radio station manager said:  "Make an audition tape 29 1/2 minutes long and if you fit our format we will offer you contract."

Within a week, I was broadcasting on KWJS.

Jesus put me forth and went before me, just as it says in John 10. 

Jesus calls HIS sheep by name ... individually Jesus puts us forth and HE always goes before us.

There are several gifts of the Holy Spirit (Romans 12 & I Cor. 12) ... not all have the same gifts.

We are given gifts to use to benefit the church according to the will of God.

I have a spiritual gift of "exhortation".

Pam Padgett, in our little church group, has a gift of "helps" ... we work together in the ministry.  She is incredibly helpful to me in getting messages prepared for publishing, both on our blog and on the books made available through Amazon.

We are both equipped by God for the work HE prepared for us to do on this present earth.  Nothing is lacking.  God has provided everything we need to do the work to which HE called us.

John 10 ... Jesus said ... I am the door of the sheep. 

Jesus, The Word, is the door ... By the Word Jesus gives us we see the way we are to go out ... door.


                                                               *****



I Cor. 12 ... 4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. 6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all. 7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. 

8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; 9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; 10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: 11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as HE (God) will.

Romans 12 ... 4 For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: 5 So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another. 6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith; 7 Or ministry  (serving), let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching; 8 Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.

I Cor. 12 ... 12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. 14 For the body is not one member, but many.
 

15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? 16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? 17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?

18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased HIM.

19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?
 

20 But now are they many members, yet but one body.

21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you. 22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary: 23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.  24 For our comely parts have no need:

but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked: 25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another. 26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.
 

27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

28 And God hath set some in the church (to care for the church), first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles? 30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?

As we see from these scriptures, we do not all have the same spiritual gifts ... and "some" are set in the church to care for the church.  We work where we are set by God.  We do not "achieve to a position"  ... we do not start out pastor and after experience "arrive" to position of apostle.

As we are born male or female, we are reborn with the gifts assigned by God and some are given to the church as apostle, prophet, evangelist, pastor, teacher.  You can have more than one office.  In the Bible we see that Paul was an apostle, teacher.  (2 ministry offices)

There are no "ministers of music" ... this was added to the church by man, not by God.

The Bible tells us the ministry offices set in the church by Jesus.

After the resurrection, Jesus gave these ministry offices to work to help the New Testament church.

Eph. 4 ... 7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ. 8 Wherefore HE saith, When HE (Jesus) ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. 9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? 10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

11 And HE gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

The gift is to the church ... the ministry office is a gift to the church to help those in the church.