Thursday, March 30, 2017

BOOK: Psalms


Amazon.com
e-Book & paperback

* Psalm 31

In THEE, O Lord, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: 

deliver me in THY righteousness.  

Bow down thine ear to me; 

deliver me speedily: 

be THOU my strong ROCK, for an house of defence to save me. 

***** 

For THOU art my ROCK and my fortress; therefore for THY name's sake 

lead me, and guide me. 

***** 

Pull me out of the net that they have laid privily for me: for THOU art my strength.

Into THINE hand I commit my spirit: THOU hast redeemed me, O Lord God of truth.

*****

I have hated them that regard lying vanities: but I trust in the Lord.

I will be glad and rejoice in THY mercy:

for THOU hast considered my trouble;

THOU hast known my soul in adversities; And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy: 

THOU hast set my feet in a large room. 

*****

Have mercy upon me, O Lord, for I am in trouble: mine eye is consumed with grief, yea, my soul and my belly.

For my life is spent with grief, and my years with sighing: my strength faileth because of mine iniquity, and my bones are consumed.

I was a reproach among all mine enemies, but especially among my neighbours, and a fear to mine acquaintance: they that did see me without fled from me.

I am forgotten as a dead man out of mind: I am like a broken vessel. For I have heard the slander of many: fear was on every side: while they took counsel together against me, they devised to take away my life.

*****

But I trusted in THEE, O Lord:

I said,

THOU art my God.
My times are in THY hand:

***** 

deliver me from the hand of mine enemies, and from them that persecute me.

Make THY face to shine upon THY servant: save me for THY mercies' sake.

Let me not be ashamed, O Lord; for I have called upon THEE:

let the wicked be ashamed, and let them be silent in the grave.

Let the lying lips be put to silence; which speak grievous things proudly and contemptuously against the righteous.

***** 

Oh how great is THY goodness, which THOU hast laid up for them that fear thee; which THOU hast wrought for them that trust in THEE before the sons of men! 

Thou shalt hide them
in the secret of THY presence
from the pride of man: 

THOU shalt keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues.

*****

Blessed be the Lord: for HE hath shewed me HIS marvellous kindness in a strong city.

For I said in my haste, I am cut off from before THINE eyes:

nevertheless THOU heardest the voice of my supplications when I cried unto THEE.

*****

O love the Lord, all ye HIS saints: for the Lord preserveth the faithful, and plentifully rewardeth the proud doer. 

Be of good courage,
and HE shall strengthen your heart,
all ye that hope in the Lord.