Thursday, March 16, 2017

* Psalm 17


Hear the right, O Lord, attend unto my cry,
give ear unto my prayer,
that goeth not out of feigned lips.

Let my sentence come forth
from THY presence;
let THINE eyes behold the things

that are equal.

*****

THOU hast proved mine heart;
THOU hast visited me in the night;
THOU hast tried me, and shalt find nothing;


I am purposed that my mouth
shall not transgress.

*****

Concerning the works of men,
by the word of THY lips
I have kept me from the paths

of the destroyer.

Hold up my goings in THY paths,
that my footsteps slip not.


*****

I have called upon THEE,
for THOU wilt hear me, O God:

incline THINE ear unto me,
and hear my speech.

Shew THY marvellous lovingkindness,

O THOU that savest by THY right hand
them which put their trust in THEE
from those that rise up against them.


*****

Keep me as the apple of the eye,
hide me under the shadow

of THY wings,

From the wicked that oppress me,
from my deadly enemies,

who compass me about.

*****

They are inclosed in their own fat:
with their mouth they speak proudly.
They have now compassed us in our steps:
they have set their eyes bowing down to the earth;


Like as a lion that is greedy of his prey,
and as it were a young lion

lurking in secret places.

*****

Arise, O Lord, disappoint him,
cast him down:
deliver my soul from the wicked,

which is thy sword:

From men which are THY hand, O Lord,
from men of the world,

which have their portion in this life,
and whose belly THOU fillest with 
THY hid treasure: they are full of children,
and leave the rest of their substance

to their babes.

As for me, I will behold THY face
in righteousness:
I shall be satisfied, when I awake,

with THY likeness.