Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Who are my relatives?

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Mt. 12 ... While he (Jesus) yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him. 47Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee. 48But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren? 49And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! 50For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.


A few days ago, I was considering Abraham.  Is Abraham my relative?  Of course Abraham is my relative.  How about Joshua, and David, and Paul?  All who do the will of God are my relatives.

Today I was reminded of what Jesus said about "Who is my mother? and who are my brothers?"

Paul certainly considered Timothy to be his son.

I certainly consider the church people I teach as my children.

While the world focuses on blood relatives, the people of God both in Bible and those living now are as much my father, mother, brother, sister.  The family of God are my family.  The children of the promise are my family.  The children of the flesh may be called "cousins" but I find I can't even talk freely to them.

My cousin became angry with me and said, "It is obvious that you care nothing at all about your family."  I simply told her I was sorry she misunderstands.  She is a very fearful person and I was trying to get her to turn to God as her focus.  She identifies herself as a Christian.  Strangely what made her so angry is she wanted me to come visit her.  She had gotten very sentimental and sees her death approaching.  She is approximately 90 years old.  I told her I would rent a car and come there if she wanted to talk about spiritual things but it would not be of profit to talk about fleshly things.  She exploded over this.  Strange.  But I've always found God knows exactly how to push their buttons and things that make them so angry at me often surprise me.

My relatives are those person to whom I can freely talk for they are of God and hear from God.  And I am related to Abraham, Daniel, David, Joshua, and Paul and all others in the Bible who knew God and followed HIM.

Romans 9 ... Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called. 8That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed. 

... And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory, 24Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?


Recently the following caught my attention:

Gen. 17 ... And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.  2And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly. 3And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,
4As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.  5Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.  6And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.


Abraham is not the father of a single nation but of "many" nations.  Abraham is not just the father of the nation of Israel, but of "many nations".

We who are the chosen of God are those "many nations". 


v. 15 ... And God said unto Abraham, As for Sarai thy wife, thou shalt not call her name Sarai, but Sarah shall her name be.  16And I will bless her, and give thee a son also of her: yea, I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of people shall be of her.