Saturday, February 8, 2014

Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Isaiah 54:17 ... No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord.

Exhortation:  Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet


This is such an important promise to those who belong to God ... no weapon formed against you will prosper ...

weapon is defined as:

- that which is designed or used for inflicting harm or damage
- a means of gaining an advantage against


Isaiah 54:17 is one of the first scriptures I tested when I was a new Christian in 1975.  At that time I owned a business and a man filed a lawsuit against me.   I saw this scripture telling me no weapon formed against me would prosper.  This lawsuit was definitely a weapon against me.  I knew I belonged to God so this promise in Isaiah 54:17 applied to me.

At the time I saw this scripture, I had an attorney.  But the legal fees were so much it was eating all the profit from my business.  I had worked very hard to get out of debt.  If I continued with my attorney I would be back into debt.  So I called Gordon and told him that I am a Christian and the Bible says no weapon formed against me would prosper.  The lawsuit is a weapon.  It will not prosper against me.  So I released Gordon from representing me.  I told him either the Bible is real or it is a history book.  And if the Bible is only a history book, then I want nothing to do with the Bible.  And I told Gordon this was a good time to test it.

Gordon was horrified.  He replied:  Joan, you have no idea how wicked these courts are ... You can't do this ... 

But I did.

Gordon came back in a few days and said his law firm would represent me "without any further cost."  (Gordon had told me a few days earlier it would only take another $10,000 to try my case ... now it is without cost?) 

I told Gordon I would have to let him know.  When I prayed, I was reminded of Abraham saying he would not even take a shoelatchet from them lest they said they made Abraham rich.  (Gen. 14:22-23)

I knew God was telling me not to take the "free" legal service.  I called Gordon and told him this.  I prepared to go to court without human legal counsel.  I was reminded of several scriptures day by day.  I recorded each scripture on a cassette tape and played it when I went to bed.   Each time I would awaken in the night, I would turn the tape over and play it again.  I had filled both sides of the tape with the scripture that had been called to my attention when I was afraid.

Approximately 4 months passed.  Six days before the trial was to go to court the man dismissed all charges.  When Gordon found out, he said they discussed this at the law firm and decided what I said happened happened.

I wasn't trying to be a witness to Gordon or to anyone else, although I ended up being a witness to all at the law firm and later to many others as they heard this testamony.

All I was trying to do was to handle this matter as God willed.

And along the way I did prove to myself that the Bible is not just a history book.  The promises of God are real and are for the church today and will never fail.  We simply cling to them, especially when we are afraid.

(Please know I'm as afraid as you are.  I just know the Word of God is true and real for us today and it is a power that is above all other powers and the Word of God will never fail me though I might slip a little and am certainly afraid on this earth from time to time.)