Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Psalm 1:1-3 ... Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. 2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. 3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Exhortation:  Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

In Dallas in the 1970's, there was an event called "Crystal Charity Ball" ... This was a major social event. They auctioned off objects for charity and the very rich people were invited to attend.  As I understand this it was a very cherished thing to receive an invitation to this event.

I owned a business in Dallas and one of my customers asked me if I would donate something to this ball.  I donated some miniature pottery which they put in a doll house to auction.  Apparently they liked this donation very much for they sent me an invitation to this ball.

This was about the time I became a Christian.  I had invited my pastor and his wife to dinner at my house and it happened the dinner was the same night as the ball.

I was so honored that pastor would come to my house.  I never even considered going to that secular event.  I called and told the organizers I would not be attending.  The woman who answered the phone was shocked.  She said, "But we have you sitting between Mr. Stanley & Mr. Richard  (Marcus of Neiman-Marcus)."  I said:  "You'll have to find someone else to sit there for my pastor is coming to dinner at my house that night." 

My delight was in things of God and in people of God.

I didn't want to be with rich influential people of this world.  Even if they had worldly power to help my business, my focus and desire was toward God and the Word of God.

God saw that I prospered.  (had good success)

And every way I turned I had good success.

But all I cared about was the Bible and things of God.