Saturday, February 1, 2014

Light is good

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Recently I had to bring correction to someone in our church group.  I didn't want to bring the correction.  I kept delaying.  Finally I turned to God and ask HIM what HE wanted me to do.  Immediately I had this thought from the Holy Spirit, "Would you correct Pam?"  Yes, in a heartbeat.  (I delivered the correction immediately.)

My assignment on this earth is to care for the church.  In caring for the church, there are times you bring correction to try to turn them into the way of God when you know they are going the wrong way.

Later I was reading Genesis 1.  The following kept being called to my mind ... And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. 4And God saw the light, that it was good:  Gen. 1:3-4

Light is good!   The devil is darkness.  Certainly the devil does not want a servant of God to turn someone to the way of light.  But we must remember light is good.  This helps us to be able to deliver godly corrections when needed to the church.

Jn. 8:12 ... Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I (the Word) am the light of the world: he that followeth me (the Word) shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

I also thought of parents who have to bring godly correction to their children.  It takes so much wisdom to be a parent.  Children are an heritage of the Lord.

Psa. 127 ... Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. 4As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. 5Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

Children are gifts from God.  If you have a child or children you must understand this.  God assigned those children to you.  (Think about examples in Bible where women were barren and then later God allowed those women to conceive ... Sarah  (Gen. 17) & Samuel's mother Hannah ... I Sam. 1:5 ... But unto Hannah he gave a worthy portion; for he (Elkana) loved Hannah: but the LORD had shut up her womb. (Later God opened her womb and she conceived and had a child, Samuel)

If you have children, this is not an accident.  These children were "assigned" to you by God.  Certainly God will give you wisdom to deal with those children.  And even if you were not a Christian at the time you were raising them, you are a Christian now.  They will see the change in you.  All you have to do is walk in the way of the Lord now with all the wisdom given by God.  They will see light because you walk now in light.  At first they may not understand the change in you.  Just continue in the light.

The children given to me are the church.  In a dream, I was traveling with a group of about 12 people.  Our plane landed on an island.  The island was dirty, dusty, hot ... It was like a pineapple field.  Children were in the field.  I realized they were planning to leave me there to care for those children.  I said:  "I won't stay ... I won't ... unless YOU want me to."  God did want me to stay and care for those children.  There was a pastor and his wife on the island but they wouldn't come out of their house.

To care for the children of God, God gave me a gift of exhortation.  And God took me into heaven twice and merged me into Jesus, making me one with the Word of God.  And God ordained me as an apostle/prophet in the church.

I have to show light to those children of God just as you must show light to your natural children.

Light is good, not bad.