Saturday, February 22, 2014

Answer to prayer

Cathy Varner ... member of the body of Christ

Reading about how God helped Pam with her furnace repair reminded me of a problem God helped me with a while back.

We had a window in our living room in which the glass was shattered and needed to be replaced.  A new window was on order and we were keeping the area taped over with plastic in the meantime.  We had waited several weeks and finally the new window came.

But when my husband went to put it in there was a problem. Two little metal tabs that need to fit into slots at the side weren't fitting right.  I prayed for help.  My husband called the store where he ordered it and they told him to call the manufacturer, which didn't solve anything.  He was going to try to drill additional holes, but I was concerned about doing that to this brand new window (what if this didn't work and we needed to return it).  I think he tried some other things but nothing was helping. I continued to pray.  Then he remembered that he had saved some of the hardware from the old window before he put it into the trash, among which were the two metal tabs.  He tried using those and it worked!

I'm pretty sure if I had seen him save those old tabs that I would have been upset that he was holding on to these "useless" little things.  But God knew how we would be needing them.  And I think the trash was picked up just that morning, so we wouldn't have been able to retrieve them later.  I am always so grateful and amazed at how God provided when I think of this.