Friday, February 7, 2014

Enduring in midst of iniquity

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Concerning the last days, Jesus said ... Mt. 24 ... And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. 13But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. 

All around us today is iniquity ... and some may be seeing iniquity in their own households.  

How can we, who are of God, endure?

I believe part of our endurance has to do with doing what Paul told us to do in Phil. 4:8  If we learn to do this and actually do what Paul said, it will cause us to live in peace, according to Paul.

Phil. 4:8-9 ... Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.  9Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you. 

Paul said if we make ourselves think on these things he listed in Phil. 4:8, then the God of peace will be with us .It will put peace in our lives.


We have to make our minds focus on things that are honest, just, pure, lovely, things of good report, on virtue and on praise.  When I think on these things, I am usually thinking on things God has done and that brings me peace and joy.  I think on examples in the Bible showing God being in control and God's power.  I think of those persons in Bible who have exalted God and have caused the congregation to think on God.  Again this brings joy to me.  I think of individuals who have obeyed the Word of God.  I recognize the Holy Spirit in various individuals.  All this causes me to rejoice.

We can direct our minds. 

Certainly if the iniquity is in the church, I will warn the church.  If the iniquity comes through an individual who calls himself a Christian, I will warn that person.  But I must then make myself think on those things Paul spoke of.  Otherwise the iniquity I see in them can overcome me.

-------------------------------

There is a worldly man here that  owns a business and I bought a product from this man.  When this man spoke to me, I could see he wanted to be a big man about town, a Las Vegas type of operator.  He even mentioned "Vegas" with a loving desire.  I can focus on that about him, or when he comes to mind I can recall that this same man spoke twice of taking his daughter to basketball practice.  I could see that this was important to him to do this no matter how busy a man he is.  I feel better thinking about him taking her to basketball practice so I can choose to direct my mind to this when he comes across my mind.  It is not that I approve the man.  I just escape him this way.

So even in dealing with the iniquity of this world that comes across our path, I can see how we can redirect our focus to escape their iniquity.

I believe we will be greatly helped if we learn to do what Paul said to do in Phil. 4:8-9 ... think on these things.

Certainly we would warn the church as needed  but to allow our minds to dwell on the negative cannot be good.  Instead we need to redirect our minds and think on those things Paul told us to do.  I believe this is one way we will help ourselves to endure the iniquity Jesus spoke of in Mt. 24.