Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Isaiah 55:8-9 ... For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. 9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Exhortation:  Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet


A child wants many things.  Sometimes you, as parent, allow that child to have something he wants.  Other times, you see a danger and stop the child.  

God as perfect parent, sees all things about us and God also knows HIS own purpose in our lives.  God planned to use me in a specific way.  God planned to use you in a specific way.  What God allows me to have might not be same as what HE allows you to have.  And God might stop me from getting some things while HE allows you to have that thing I desired. 

No good thing will God withhold from us, according to HIS purpose ...

Psa. 84:11 ... For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly. 

But that thing we want might not be good in fulfilling God's purpose for us on this earth.

So we end up accepting and trusting God concerning those things we don't get on this earth.  And we thank God for that which HE gives us on this earth.