Monday, February 3, 2014

Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Proverbs 19:23 ... The fear of the Lord tendeth to life: and he that hath it shall abide satisfied; he shall not be visited with evil.

Exhortation:  Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

To me, the fear of the Lord, is the understanding and belief that God knows what is best for me and that choosing to go in the way of God rather than in my own preference is very important to my well being on this present earth.

Examples of choosing to go in the way of God ...  for a divorced woman to choose to remain unmarried because of the scriptures show going in a way of godly wisdom.  She might prefer to remarry after divorce but to abstain from such shows an honor toward fulfilling scripture.

I Cor. 7:10 ... And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband: 11But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.


The scriptures were so important to Jesus that HE chose to go to death on a cross, the most painful and humiliating death possible.

Mt. 26 ... Then came they, and laid hands on Jesus, and took him. 51And, behold, one of them which were with Jesus stretched out his hand, and drew his sword, and struck a servant of the high priest’s, and smote off his ear. 52Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword. 53 Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels? 54But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be? 55In that same hour said Jesus to the multitudes, Are ye come out as against a thief with swords and staves for to take me? I sat daily with you teaching in the temple, and ye laid no hold on me. 56But all this was done, that the scriptures of the prophets might be fulfilled.

Fear of the Lord is a deep respect for the scriptures and knowing it is best for me to do them.