Saturday, February 1, 2014

Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Galatians 6:9 ... And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Exhortation:  Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet


After I was born again in 1975, all I cared about was Bible and doing what I believed God wanted me to do in the specific issues of this life.

I spoke of God to family and friends.  My dad told my mother that he thought I'd gone off the deep end on religion.  My mother said, "Not so.  I was fine."  Later both my father and my mother were born again.  I just kept doing what I believed God wanted done and I kept talking about God when I was with them.  I talked about God wherever I went.  HE was my life.  (HE is my life.)  It is sort of like a young woman who is in love with a young man.  She talks about him and thinks about him all the time.  This is the way I was (and am) concerning God.  I didn't hold back.  I just talked about God.  Several people along my path appear to have been born again.  I just can't keep from talking about HIM and thinking about HIM.

Certainly I have seen many reject what I have said about God.  But I just keep talking and doing.

Some of you have unsaved family.  You may feel weary from time to time.  But just keep your love of God strong and focus on that and do everything HE shows you to do and speak what HE gives you to speak.  

Gal. 6:9 is a type of promise for us ...
And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

At one point, I visited my father and mother in another city.  I went to the cabinet to get something and noticed a set of Zodiac mugs which I had given my mother.  I began taking them out of cabinet while my mother watched.  I put them in a trash bag.  She began to protest then.  She said, "What are you doing?  You gave me those.  I want to keep them."  I paid no attention at all to her words.  I took them out to the alley dumpster and broke the mugs and threw them into the trash.  When I got back to the house she was dismayed.  I said nothing.  I just picked up my Bible and turned to Deut. 18 and began to read aloud the following ...

When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations. 10There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, 11Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. 12For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD:  Deut. 18

After I read this, my mother said:  "Well ... I guess we'd better not do that anymore."

(I think she was born again at that moment.)

Do what is right in the sight of God and keep doing it.



When you change your way on these things you become a witness.  There is no way it can escape notice.  You are different and they notice.  Thus be not weary in well doing for in due season we shall reap if we faint not.