Friday, February 28, 2014

Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Philippians 4:19 ... But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Exhortation:  Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

When we belong to God, if we need it, God will see that we get it one way or another.  It may come to us without us doing anything other than following God daily.  But if it is "a good thing" it will be provided.  Some things we think to be good might not fit into God's will for us.  But according to God's will, our needs are provided.

My most recent need, which looked as if it would not be possible to fill that need, concerns my sound system.  It seemed impossible to find anyone in Lubbock to help me.  Some companies said they could do the work, but they wouldn't schedule a time for the work and they never called back.  Some companies would send a worker who couldn't do the work after he got to my house.  I limped along for several months with this problem.  Finally by internet I located a programmer in Lubbock who could program my remote and he came over and fixed the problem and even re cabled the system to fix other problems.  Now I have a competent sound equipment person in Lubbock.  I had prayed much over this problem and God led me in a way to find this person who can keep everything going.

I have a good mechanic who keeps my 20 year old car running.

I have a cleaning woman who comes once a week and is excellent.

I have a company who keeps my yard in good condition.

The contractor who built this house 10 years ago, comes over when I have a problem and he maintains the structural part of the property.

I was just sitting here today rejoicing over having all the competent people to help.  I know they are here by the grace of God.

All my need is met.  I have to take eye drops twice daily.  On of the prescriptions was relatively expensive.  I was unhappy with the cost.  But this week I discovered a pharmacy where the eye drops are very inexpensive.  At one pharmacy the drops are $69 a bottle.  This pharmacy is $13 a bottle.  Again, I see God has having led me in finding them.

Every need has been provided by prayer and by following the steps I believe to have been from God in locating the person or company.  But it all started with prayer.

Mt. 6:32 ... for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

These secular things can be a grief to us.  They can consume our minds.  But God knows we need help.  In each situation there is an answer.  God knows the answer.  We seek the answer through God in prayer.  And also we take the step we believe to have been brought to our minds through God.

When my TV broke in January of this year, I prayed about what TV to buy.  I bought the unit I thought would work best for me visually.  The TV company installed the TV but as a result of the installation problems surfaced in the sound system.  They said they would come fix it.  But they didn't.  Over and over they said they would fix the installation problem.  But they did not come back to fix it.  I was very frustrated with this company.  God showed me to get another company to fix the problem.  But I had tried several companies in Lubbock and couldn't locate a competent installer for sound equipment.  Then the thought came to check the internet and see if Universal Remote had a dealer in Lubbock.  I did check the internet and there was a dealer listed in Lubbock.  This person likely works from his home rather than from a store front shop and he wasn't visible to most of us.  I called the phone number listed on internet and requested service.  They did not call me back. (This really frustrated me for I thought it was God leading me to call this company.)   The TV people kept saying when I called them that they were "ready" to come fix the problem but they would not schedule a time.  About 10 days passed and I recalled the internet dealer.  This time he did call me back.  He said he received my first call but lost the number.  This time he made an appointment and came and fixed everything. The work was excellent.

This lightened my mental load greatly.  My need was met, but I know it was met through prayer and through doing what I thought I heard to do.  

This subject was really a trial for me.  I thought I was hearing from God concerning this company.  But it didn't work.  Then when I recalled this company I learned they lost my phone number.  After recalling the business, everything worked and I found a competent installer.  It was God leading me concerning this company but I had to persist to get the work done.