Monday, March 18, 2024

πŸ’₯ Sharing with the church daily


(Listed in alphabetical order:)
Items submitted after 8 pm Eastern
will be published the following day.

πŸ’₯  Joan Boney 

Philemon v. 6  That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.

As we tell what God has done or what God has told us, our own faith becomes "effectual" through our "acknowledgment".

acknowledgment:  our confirmation that what God told us is true!

Several times during the years God's Holy Spirit has told me something and as I have thought of what HE said, I have replied, "That's true!"

*** I witnessed my own mother acknowledge the truth of a scripture from Deuteronomy 18:9-13 after I read this to her.  She said, "I guess we'd better not do that any more," And with her acknowledgment God caused my mother to be born again, changed, in her late 70's.

*** I was driving down a street in Lubbock, Texas where I lived at that time.  A pick-up truck loaded with firewood pulled along side of me.  I was looking at the firewood and thinking, "I wish I had a wood burning fireplace.  (I had gas logs.)  I heard these words which I knew were from the Holy Spirit.  "You can have that."  I began to think about it.  And then I said, "You're right." (Acknowledging the truth of the statement I'd just heard from God.)  I began immediately making the change from gas to wood burning:  buying firewood rack and ordering wood; arranging to have the gas logs removed and stored and having a change made to log lighter  in fireplace. A woman from Bridge Center saw this and thought it to be wonderful.  She was telling others what I had done.  I stopped her and told her how the Holy Spirit of God had said to me, "You can do this."  so I did.  Acknowledging God.

***  I fell in my house in Texas when I was 81.  I knew it was bad.  I fell on a tile floor and I could tell my left hip was broken and also my left wrist.  I rolled onto my good hip and began to try to crawl to the phone.  The pain was excruciating.  I stopped moving and was just lying there when the Holy Spirit said to me these words, "You can do this."  Because of those words from God, I started inching my way down the hall toward the phone.  Acknowledging God by my actions.

***  As ambulance workers rolled me past the front door to my house, I heard this word from God.  "You'll never see this house again."  I put this house up for-sale from the hospital.  A church woman said to me, "I don't see how you can do this."  I replied:  "But I heard from God that I would never see this house again."  Acknowledging that I knew it was God who told me this.

*** I was considering putting new upholstery on my 25 year old car when I heard this from the Holy Spirit:  "Or you could just buy a new car."  (That word was like I had been struck by a lightening bolt!  I was frozen as I thought of what I just heard.  I knew it was information from God.  I replied:  "You're right.  I could by a new car.  I just sold my house in Texas and all that money is sitting in the bank.  I could buy a new car."  Acknowledging God had told me this. And the following day I bought a new car.

We acknowledge God by both our words and our actions, sharing what God has done by HIS Holy Spirit with other people.

Philemon v. 6  That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

 
πŸ’₯ Sandy Kern

Philippians 2:5-8 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
 

 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 πŸ’₯ Beth Martin
 
Today I had a conversation with my son about a birthday celebration for my granddaughter at a local hotel. I related to him what my granddaughter had said about who she wanted to attend. She had preferred one of her friends to me as there were limited spaces available. I said that it was fine with me that my granddaughter had chosen her friends. I let my son know that I did not plan to attend unless I needed to help arrange for the hotel room. 
 
Afterward, I was unsettled ......... the feeling did not subside ...... I knew I needed further spiritual action ....... I examined myself and prayed about it. I heard. "profane babbling".
 
2 Timothy 2:16  But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
 
Vain- unsuccessful, worthless, useless, foolish, silly
 
Profane- secular, irreverent, unsanctified
 
Babblings- idle, foolish, or nonsensical talk or chatter
 
I believe that by stating to my son what his daughter had said created this problem. I did not need to say this and my spirit was disturbed, I repented.
 
James 3:8  But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
 
Proverbs 15:2  The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness.
 
James 3:5  Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!
 
Psalms 39:1  I said, I will take heed to my ways, that I sin not with my tongue: I will keep my mouth with a bridle, while the wicked is before me.
 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯  
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Pam Padgett
 
Mark 11:25  And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Linda Rodgers    

Galatians 6:6, 10
6 Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things.

10 As we have therefore opportunity , let us do good unto them who are of the household of faith.
 
  πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Cathy Varner   

A while back my husband had been missing a set of his keys for some time. I hadn’t thought to pray about it til some time later. So I asked God to let us find whatever keys he was missing.
 
Later that day my husband was going to mow, and asked me to move some lawn chairs that were in the yard. When I went to move one of the folding chairs, his key ring was in that cup holder. He had also been missing another set of keys and told me he had found them a little later. God had let us find all the missing keys the very day I prayed about it!
  

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯