Sunday, March 24, 2024

Podcast: Man from church I was attending said he was a prophet and brought me a message

 

 
 
Comments by Joan Boney:

In 1979, I owned a small business in Dallas, in American Indian Arts.  During the time I owned this business, God was also training me for the ministry as apostle and prophet.

A man was from the church I had been attending.  He said he was a prophet.  But he proved himself to be questionable in character. (even trying to rape me after we went to a church meeting together)

The message he now brought to me:  "Joan ... you know you are supposed to be a minister.  You are dragging your feet ... still operating a business."

I tried to argue, saying:  "I've written a book, Taking Thoughts Captive, during the past 3 months."  (He just smiled.)

After he left my shop, I'm sure I would have prayed.  I waited a few days.  Then I sent a postcard to my customers informing them I would be closing my business on July 31, 1979, to go into the ministry.

I simply was unwilling to go against this word, even when the man's character was questionable.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯