Wednesday, March 20, 2024

πŸ’₯ Sharing with the church daily

 
(Listed in alphabetical order:)
Items submitted after 8 pm Eastern
will be published the following day.

πŸ’₯  Joan Boney 
 
We learn to let the Spirit rule over our flesh, following that which the Holy Spirit brings to our mind and keeping the flesh crucified by the Word of God. The flesh suffers when it fails to get its way but we let our flesh suffer that the Holy Spirit can rule in our lives.

Romans 8

1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

The Holy Spirit brings a Word to our mind and we follow that Word, not allowing our flesh to do what it wants to do, keeping the flesh crucified by that Word from the Spirit of Jesus.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

 
πŸ’₯ Anthonia Eshiokhai
 
The scriptures below came my mind by the Holy Spirit after praying because I was experiencing pain on my chest and left shoulder blade.
 
Galatians  3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law being made a curse for us
 
Jeremiah 17:14  Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for THOU art my praise.

(JB ... I had a severe pain hit my right ear and jaw area recently.  The following week happened to be my yearly appointment with my nurse practitioner so I told her about the pain.  She said it could be heart attack.  She said she could do an EKG.  I thought about it and then thanked her and told her I didn't think I wanted to do that.  I don't want to be involved.  If I die, I die.  That's just how I feel about my life.  I'm 86 now.  My decision.  Certainly you can pray to be healed.  Sometimes I do and other times I don't.  But I don't want to be under the control of medical "practice".  The practitioner said to me at the end of our meeting, "Now we could do an EKG right now and we'd know."  I thought about it for a few moments and then I said, "I don't think so ... but thank you."   

Pam Padgett went to doctor when they diagnosed her with bladder cancer.  But she didn't let doctors remove her bladder as they prescribed and she prayed to be healed another way. Then she saw the statement from cancer medical people that chemo-radiation may achieve the same results as chemo-bladder removal.  Good choice!  The patient has right of refusal of a treatment, medicine, or surgery!  Although many people would be afraid to go against that which is recommended by a medical doctor.  To me, God reigns.  And I decide what I will let them to do my body!
 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
πŸ’₯ Sandy Kern

 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Beth Martin
 
Hebrews 4:12  For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯  
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Pam Padgett
 
After a couple delays, we finally got the permanent handicap license plates for the new car we purchased last November.  It was easy to put one plate on the back of the car, but there was no area prepared for a plate on the front of the car. I checked to see if a front plate is needed in Colorado and found that it is against the law to not have one there.

When looking online to see how to secure a plate to the front of the car, I kept finding mention of a holder for the plate. I recalled that when we purchased the car, there was something the size of a license plate in the trunk along with other Mercedes accessories. But none of these things had been in the trunk since the sound system was installed in early January.  I recalled considering at that time whether to remove those things since they did not look to be in the way of where the sound people would be working, but didn't remember whether or not I removed them.

I looked every place I thought I might have put them if I had removed them. And I asked the sound people if they may have set them aside in their work area, but they said they were not there. I also looked online to see about purchasing a license plate holder, but many options came up and I didn't know what was needed.

As I prayed for help in this, it was strongly in me that God knew exactly where this holder was, whether it was somewhere at my house or at the sound place. I asked God to please show me how to find it.

After praying I kept having the thought to check in the trunk for a storage area that was not easily seen. So I took everything out of the trunk and noticed a small handle on the bottom of the trunk area. When I pulled on the handle, there was a small storage area under the trunk ... and all the accessories, including the license plate holder, were there! (Evidently the sound people had put the accessories in that area.)

We took the car to the dealer this afternoon and they installed the holder and plate on the front of the car.

I was so thankful to God. This also reminded me that God knows even the smallest details of those things that concern us, and that HE is able to get through to us to help us with the information we need.

 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Barbara Preston
 
Sometime last year I was looking for someone to do some light yard work for us. I asked God to please provide someone who could do this. 
 
I think it was later this same day that the following happened. I was at the gas station putting gas in my car when I saw a man walking towards me. 
 
He had been sitting, eating a sandwich in a shady area not far from where I was standing. He started talking to me in a friendly way. And proceeded to tell me that he did yard work for people. I told him I was looking for someone to do some yard work for us. I told him what we needed done. He said he could do that and gave me his phone number. I said I might be giving him a call and he left. 
 
I didn’t pray about hiring him. I thought he was the answer to my prayer. So I called him and hired him and later regretted doing this
 
He took many days off so it took him longer to finish the project than it should have. He didn’t have the needed equipment to do a good job and by the time he finished, I was relieved to be disentangled from him. 
 
But I would not have been in that situation if I had prayed after I met him, asking God if this was the person HE had sent and the answer to my prayer. 
 
I am reminded of the following scripture…
 
Proverbs 3:6  In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.

(JB ... I am reminded of a scripture that warns, "Lay hands suddenly on no man."  Sometimes I have had failures because I didn't confirm the matter with God, thinking God sent that person to me, so I understood how Barbara felt.  It is good for us to be warned by Barbara.)

I John 4
1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Much deception during these days, spirits that are not of God trying to make us think they are God.

Antichrist:

2 Thessalonians 2:4  Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Linda Rodgers    

Psalm 31: 23-24  O love the Lord, all ye his saints: for the Lord preserveth the faithful, and plentifully rewarded the proud doer. Be of good courage, and HE shall strength your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.
 
  πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Cathy Varner   
 
Psalm 87:5  And of Zion it shall be said, This and that man was born in her: and the Highest Himself shall establish her.
  
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
  πŸ’₯ Juliett Walton
 
Psalm 84

11 For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good will HE withhold from them that walk uprightly.

12 O Lord of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in Thee.

(JB in verse 11 the word "thing" is in italics showing this word was added by the KJV translators.  Often I will omit that word they have added.  No good thing  will HE withhold from them that walk uprightly.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯


Comments by Joan Boney:  

Tonight I was thinking about the meeting we are having July 22-26, in Colorado Springs, at Pam's house.  

We are planning try to do what Paul said:

I Corinthians 14:26   How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.

The Holy Spirit brings scripture to our mind.

As that happens, I will ask those at the gathering to make a note of that scripture so it will not be forgotten ... and then share that scripture with the whole group in proper time.  And if the one sharing is given an interpretation, share that.  If not just read the scripture aloud to us.  And perhaps God will show someone else something about that scripture. If so, the second person will share.

Often you see me make a comment about something shared by another person in our blog as we "Share with the church."  It would be sort of like that.  "That all may learn and all may be comforted."  (I Corinthians 14:31)

We share by the Holy Spirit ... what is brought to our mind as we gather as the church.

(Sort of like we are currently sharing on this section of the blog.)

God will teach us and lead us as we yield to HIM.

And where 2 or 3 are gathered in HIS name, there is Jesus in the midst of us.  (Matthew 18:20)

God will meet our needs for that is what HE does when we yield to Holy Spirit.

(I believe we have 4 or perhaps 5 prophets in our little church group.)

God told me to tell our group to share as they are doing in this section of blog.  God will honor that for they are yielding to HIM by sharing what you have read today and on previous blog.  We just share that which is brought to our mind.  It could be a scripture.  It could be something God did in past in our life.  But one thing is in common.  It edifies the church.  (I Corinthians 1:26)

Today God told me to tell those who are sharing here on this blog page to begin to use their cell phone as if it is a microphone, and speak the scripture into the cell phone.  This is to help them get used to speaking into a microphone for at the gathering on July 22-26, each individual who shares will need to speak into a microphone at that meeting which will be attached to an amplifier so all in the gathering can hear the words they speak.  I know Pam Padgett has been terribly afraid of microphones and so has Barbara Preston. (I've spoken many times into microphones and I've never had a microphone hurt me!) 

Jesus spoke from a boat to masses on the shore and what HE said was amplified by the surrounding water.

Today we speak into an amplifier through a microphone.

Practice this by speaking daily those scriptures into your cell phone in private that you are sharing on the blog in writing.

This will prepare you, says God.

Remember it is the Holy Spirit bringing these things to your mind.  Nothing to fear in the Holy Spirit. Just learning to yield yourself to what HE says.  And we know it is God speaking because it edifies the church through the body of Christ as Paul told us to do when we gather as the church.

edify:  instruct or improve (someone) morally or intellectually (especially in ways of God) 


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯