Tuesday, March 19, 2024

πŸ’₯ Sharing with the church daily


(Listed in alphabetical order:)
Items submitted after 8 pm Eastern
will be published the following day.

πŸ’₯  Joan Boney 

We learn to let the Spirit rule over our flesh, following that which the Holy Spirit brings to our mind and keeping the flesh crucified by the Word of God.  The flesh suffers when it fails to get its way but we let our flesh suffer that the Holy Spirit can rule in our lives.

Romans 8

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.   

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

The Holy Spirit brings a Word to our mind and we follow that Word, not allowing our flesh to do what it wants to do, keeping the flesh crucified by that Word from the Spirit of Jesus.

 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

 
πŸ’₯ Sandy Kern

Joel 2:1-2  
 
1 Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in MY holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the Lord cometh, for it is nigh at hand;

2 A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, even to the years of many generations
.

 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Pam Padgett
 
Psalm 17:4  Concerning the works of men, by the word of THY lips I have kept me from the paths of the destroyer.  
 
Throughout my life since being born again, the Word given to me from God has kept me from paths that would destroy me.  Here are a few examples: 
 
* I was raised in the Catholic church.  But I was led from that church as a college friend encouraged me to "prove" doctrines of that church by the Bible.   I was shocked to find several Catholic doctrines I had been taught were contrary to what we are told in the Bible.  Just one example is that we were taught to pray to saints and to Mary, and to pray the same learned prayers over and over.  But the Bible says:

Matthew 6:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father (to God)  which is in secret; and thy Father (God) which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. 
 
7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. 8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask HIM.
 
When I spoke what the Bible says to a nun, and saw her reaction, the ties of the Catholic church to me were immediately broken and I was able to leave the Catholic church, which is one antichrist of many in various religions. 
 
 
* I was led to leave another antichrist church, a non-denominational church which allowed divorced women to re-marry, by the Word brought to my mind by the Holy Spirit, "What are you doing here? I told you to get out. Now get out." 
 
Romans 7:2-3 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.
 
 
 
* My engagement to marry a man, whose son planned to marry a divorced woman, was stopped when I spoke what God has told us in the Bible, that a man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.  Now I am so glad I did not marry this man who said he was a Christian, but obviously did not believe this scripture:
 
Matthew 5:32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery. 
 
 
* I was led to take early retirement from my job at FedEx, in which lack of integrity was shown by my manager and his boss, when the following scripture very strongly stood out to me and God confirmed to me that I needed to leave my job: 
 
Micah 2:10 Arise ye, and depart; for this is not your rest: because it is polluted, it shall destroy you, even with a sore destruction.  
 
 
* When I was diagnosed with bladder cancer, the course of treatment prescribed for me was chemo-therapy followed by bladder removal. I asked God if there was any way I might be spared bladder removal. About 10 days later, the following statement from the American Society of Clinical Oncology was brought to my attention ...

“An approach using chemotherapy with radiation therapy may provide the same benefits as bladder removal.”  
 
I came to believe this was God's answer to me about my cancer treatment, and HE worked it out for the various medical people to change to this treatment, even though they didn't think it was the best treatment for me. 
 
More than a year after treatments ended, there is no sign of cancer. And the doctor who initially referred me for bladder removal surgery said that it was obviously a good thing I hadn't had my bladder removed, which would have been life changing. 
 
 
These are just a few of the many ways God has delivered me from various paths of destruction by HIS Word to me.
 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Barbara Preston
 
2 Corinthians 5:17  Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Linda Rodgers    

Ephesians 2:8–10  For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are HIS workmanship created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

 
  πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Cathy Varner   
 
I love seeing shooting stars, but rarely do. One weekend there was supposed to be a big meteor shower but the weather here had been cloudy and rainy, so I wouldn’t be able to see any.
 
Not too long after this, my son told me that during a camping outing that weekend, somewhere a distance from where I live, he and his sister were up late outside and had seen the meteor shower and it had been pretty spectacular.
 
I found that I was envious of this and asked God to help me. After awhile I had a dream showing me that I was still upset over this. So I prayed again and was reminded of God being kind to the unthankful and the evil. My attitude had been something like "why had they got to see it and not me?" 
 
Luke 6:35  But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for He is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.
 
After that I was ok, not envious or thinking about it.
  
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
  πŸ’₯ Juliett Walton
 
James 1:2-4  
 
2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;

3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.



πŸ’₯ πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯


Comments by Joan Boney:  

Tonight I was thinking about the meeting we are having July 22-26, in Colorado Springs, at Pam's house.  

We are planning to do what Paul said:

I Corinthians 14:26   How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.

The Holy Spirit brings scripture to our mind.

As that happens, I will ask those at the gathering to make a not of that scripture so it will not be forgotten ... and then share th at scripture with the whole group.  And if the one sharing is given an interpretation, share that.  If not just read the scripture aloud to us.  And perhaps God will show someone else something about that scripture. If so the second person will share.

Often you see me make a comment in about something shared by another person in our blog as we "Share with the church."  It would be sort of like that.  " That all may learn and all may be comforted."  (I Corinthians 14:31)

We share by the Holy Spirit ... what is brought to our mind as we gather as the church.

(Sort of like we are currently sharing on this section of the blog.)

God will teach us and lead us as we yield to HIM.

And where 2 or 3 are gathered in HIS name, there is Jesus in the midst of us.  (Matthew 18:20)

God will meet our needs for that is what HE does when we yield to Holy Spirit.

(I believe we have 4 or perhaps 5 prophets in our little church group.)

God told me to tell our group to share as they are doing in this section of blog.  God will honor that for they are yielding to HIM by sharing what you have read today and on previous blog.  We just share that which is brought to our mind.  It could be a scripture.  It could be something God did in past.  But one thing is in common.  It edifies the church.  (I Corinthians 1:26)


Today God told me to tell those who are sharing here on this blog page to begin to use their cell phone as if it is a microphone, and speak the scripture into the cell phone.  This is help them to get used to speaking into a microphone for at the gathering on July 22-26, each individuql who shares will need to speak into a microphone which will be attached to an amplifier so all in the gathering can hear the words they speak.  I know Pam Padgett has been afraid of microphone and so has Barbara Preston.  

Jesus spoke in a boat to masses on the shore and what HE said was amplified.

Today we speak into an amplifier through a microphone.

Practice this by speaking daily those scriptures into your cell phone in private that you are sharing on the blog in writing.

This will prepare you, says God.

Remember it is the Holy Spirit bringing these things to your mind.  Nothing to fear in the Holy Spirit. Just learning to yield yourself to what HE says.  And we know it is God speaking because it edifies the church through the body of Christ as Paul told us to do when we gather as the church.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯