Friday, September 18, 2020

* No condemnation to them who walk after the Spirit.



Joan Boney, apostle and prophet 
of Jesus Christ 
according to 
Ephesians 4:11-12.

*****

Romans 8:1   There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Recently a television presentation appeared concerning Lucille Ball.  I began watching the story of her life and the development of the Desilu Movie Production Studio.  Many famous people began praising Lucille Ball for all of her achievements in both comedy and in running the studio. 

By human standards it was remarkable.

But I began thinking, as I often do, about these famous people who are now dead.  And I was reminded of the following by the Holy Spirit.

Mark 8:36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

I turned the show off, choosing not to continue watching.

Pam Padgett passed by my room and heard the show I was watching and she turned it on her TV and began watching.  At one point after Lucy & Desi divorced, they told of another man Lucy met and married.  Pam was reminded of the following scripture by the Holy Spirit.

I Corinthians 7:10-11 And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:  But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.

Pam chose to turn the TV off.

These are two examples of choosing to walk after the Spirit, rejecting the flesh.


***

Romans 8

5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.


11 But if the Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, HE that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by His Spirit that dwelleth in you.

12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.


In this example, we both heard from the Spirit of God and we both chose to follow the Spirit in an appropriate way.

This is the theme of the first part of Romans 8, choosing to walk in the Spirit, following the Spirit and thereby crucifying our own flesh by not allowing our flesh to do that which it wants to do, preferring to go in the way of the Spirit, in the way of God, agreeing with God.


***

Hebrews 11

24  By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter;

25 Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;

26 Esteeming the reproach of Christ (The Word) greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.

27 By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing HIM who is invisible.



***

The apostle Paul said:

Romans 7:18  For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing:

And in the remainder of this chapter, Paul wrestled with this problem of his flesh. 

Then in Romans 8, Paul presents the solution and how to overcome our own flesh by following the Spirit.

And in Galatians 5, Paul says:  16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.


***

The Holy Spirit of God who lives in each of us, continually brings to our minds the way of God in the moments of this life, so we can choose to go in the way of God, walking in that brought to our minds by the Spirit of God, rejecting our own flesh by the Spirit.


***

Jesus says to us:

Revelation 3:5   He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before HIS angels.

We continually overcome by choosing to walk in that way which is brought to our mind by the Holy Spirit of God.


***

The works done by the Holy Spirit in us:

John 14:26   But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 16:13   Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.



***

The Holy Spirit is The Spirit of Truth of God.  HE helps us to know the way of God and to go in the way of God as we live on this present earth.  The Holy Spirit is The Comforter as HE reminds us of things to help us.  The Holy Spirit continually helps us in ways of God.  

And the Holy Spirit of Jesus lives in each believer.

I Corinthians 3:16  Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?


I Corinthians 6:19-20  What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?  For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.


II Corinthians 13:5  Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?


***

More than anything I know, I delight in the Word of God delivered to me by God by the Holy Spirit of God who lives in me!  (greater than rubies, or gold, or anything else that can be desired!)

Even long after God has spoken to me by The HOLY Spirit, I think on that which HE said to me and I marvel at the wisdom of God in caring for me in the issues of this present life.

I also am in awe at the way God keeps me by bringing HIS WORD to me over and over by HIS Holy Spirit as I continue to live on this earth.

No matter what man achieves, he cannot come close to that which God does for HIS children to keep them and guide them through this life on this earth.

Psalm 48:14   For this God is our God for ever and ever: HE will be our guide even unto death.


*****