Monday, September 14, 2020

* Jesus says: The flesh profiteth nothing.

Joan Boney...apostle/prophet

It is only when we hear a Word from God by HIS Spirit and do that Word, that we do a good work.

Jesus says:  It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.  (John 6:63)

We can think of doing all manner of things which we consider good, and fail.

Or God might lead you by putting it in your heart to do something.  You just feel you need to go see that person, perhaps to help.  

But unless the good work we do is authored by God, that work we do will not be good.

Matthew 7   Jesus says:

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Unless God leads us to do that work, we will be turned away at the day of judgment.

Do we have assurance that God told us to do that work which we are doing?


*****

A man came to our house to do some extermination.  Almost immediately upon entering the house he began telling us that he does Christian ministry works.  He started to name the cities where he has gone to minister.

I stopped him and asked, "How did God show you to do that work?"

He went completely dead.  He couldn't tell me how God told him to do this.

As a young Christian, Pam Padgett signed up at church to go with the singles class on a ministry trip.  They drove 4 hours one way to get to the city where they were to "minister".  No one knew what they were to do to minister.  It ended up that they sang a few songs at the church gathering and returned to the city where they lived.

As a young Christian I attended a prayer group that met in a house in my neighborhood.  Four women in the group went to houses to cast out devils.  I liked the women so I began going with them.  Later I saw from Bible that devils do not live in houses but rather devils live in people.

I frequently receive emails from men who say they are ministers.  They tell of the many works they are doing. (Building schools, old folks homes, orphanages)  But so far no one has ever told me a message received from God telling them to do these many worksNor do they tell me any message from God which they have received about any subject.  They just copy other men who do their works.

I went to hospital to see an older woman who had gotten sick.  I told her about the new heaven and the new earth which God has prepared for us. (Revelation 21)  I talked to her about what happens to us when we die, according to Bible.  (I Thessalonians 4:13-17)  I left her one of my books which I felt God was leading me to give to her.  I gave her a little money for she had been taken to hospital without her purse and had no cash.  I gave her much basic Bible information to comfort her about death.  She had identified herself to me earlier saying she was born again.  But I knew she didn't have the information concerning what happens to us when we die.  I didn't hear a word from God to visit this woman.  I did know she had a need for information that I was able to present to her from the Bible to help her.  (This trip might have been of God).

While I was in her room, a man and woman came in to visit.  She did not know them.  They came from Church of Christ.  While they were in her room, they said nothing of spiritual substance.  They just spoke fleshly secular things.  Except they became interested in me.  I shared with them a scripture.  They said that very day at Bible class they had read that same scripture.  They really didn't seem to have much to say to Betty.  They just talked with me and then left.



***

You might feel you need to "visit" a widow or orphan in their afflictiion ... and this certainly could be God leading you to do this, especially if you go to them to see if they need anything that you could provide for them to help them.

James 1:27   Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

"To visit" means:  to judge ... to see their condition ... to provide as needed, as you are able to provide.


***

Some people try to provide a need where there is no need and they cause trouble more than help.

I was in a rehabilitation hospital in Lubbock, Texas, for 2 1/2 months after surgery in December-February, 2018-19.

Three people from Lubbock came to visit me.

* One woman kept insisting that she be allowed to bring me something to eat or drink.  I really didn't want anything.  I was taking so much medicine at that time that I couldn't eat much at all.  But she insisted, so I allowed her to bring some 7-up drinks and potato chips.  I allowed it mostly to please her.

* Another woman just came and sat with me for a few minutes.  I did appreciate her effort for I know it was what she thought she should do.  But it was a little hard on me for I felt so bad and really didn't want to talk.

*  A third woman did bring me things from my house upon request.  But often she just sat with me.  I would dose off and awaken to find her sitting there.  Often I told her there was no need to sit with me and I urged her to go home.

*  A fourth woman flew from Colorado to Texas four times to help.  What she did was very important.  I knew it was God sending her.  It was actually critical help.  She kept track of me by speaking with the nurses and with me by phone.  There was a problem at the first re-habilitation hospital and I needed to be moved.  She came to Lubbock and located a hospital that seemed more feasible.  During this time, I listed the Texas house on real estate market.  Pam kept in touch with my contractor, and the realtor, and the woman who was to conduct an "estate sale"  clearing out my furniture and property.  Once she flew to Lubbock to help me get to an appointment with the surgeon.  I was in such poor condition that they had to move me back to rehab by ambulance.  Pam did not burden me but she was there when I needed her to be there.  (God's provision!)

Unless it is God leading us to visit the sick, it can be a burden and not an help to that sick person.

It is the Spirit that quickeneth ... the flesh profits nothing!


***

Concerning being led by God:

John 10 ... Jesus says

1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.

3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.




*****