Thursday, September 10, 2020

* The faith movement churches.


Joan Boney ... apostle and prophet 
of Jesus Christ 
by the will of God according to Ephesians 4:11-12.


*****


From approximately 1977 to 1982, I attended one of the faith movement churches in Dallas where I lived.

I thought it was great. I saw nothing at all wrong while I attended this church group, although I didn't like that "prosperity" message, but I knew I could just copy down the scriptures and study the body of scripture when I returned home, so I contented myself with doing that each time that message was spoken by our pastor (Robert Tilton), and that message was often spoken. 



*****

In 1979, God gave me the following terrifying dream:

Destruction was everywhere.

I went into a meeting room where a meeting was going on. A man was speaking to a room filled with people. I went in and began to listen.

A second man rushed in and said: "Stop ... Wait ... Can't you see ... It's too late ... It's already begun."

The first man resumed speaking.

I looked out the window to see what had "already begun."

There was a tall pole with a yellow civil defense speaker at top of the pole. A gas was coming out of the speaker. I knew it was poisonous and would kill the people. It was coming directly toward us!

The shocking thing was the speaker that was set there for the purpose of warning us was being used as the instrument which dispersed the gas that was poison and would kill us!


I looked at the man seated next to me. He had a big grin on his face and was looking directly at the man who was speaking to the group. But then I saw this man was a corpse, though he looked alive. He was already dead! 

I looked about the room at the other people and realized they were all dead. 


As I sat back in my chair and listened to the man speaking I began to feel sleepy and I knew as I sat there among them this was killing me too.

God was showing me the anarchy in the church groups, at the time of the dream, 1979. The destruction in the churches was everywhere, even at that time. And it is much worse today.





*****

When I received the poison gas dream, I was greatly troubled, much like Daniel reported being troubled by a dream where he had no understanding. At the time I received that dream, I didn't know what it meant.

On a Wednesday night in 1982, I attended church at Word of Faith. I looked at the man who was seated to the left of me. I was shocked. This was the dead man in the poison gas dream. I looked about the room at the other people and realized they were like those dead people in the poison gas dream.

I got up immediately and went to the Ladies Room and began praying, saying to God: 

"I think YOU are wanting me to leave this church so I am going to get into my car and drive away. If YOU want me to come back, I will."

God didn't want me to return to that church group. 

Instead God began showing me many things about The Faith Movement in the church groups. 



*****

The scriptures tell us about God, but the Holy Spirit enables us to have the power of God in following a specific scripture when God gives us that scripture.


The scripture brought to our minds by the Holy Spirit is from the heart of God showing the will of God in the matter at hand.

I Corinthians 2:10-13 ...
for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.  
For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.  

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.  

Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.




***

That scripture (or concept) brought to our mind by the Spirit of God shows us the way for us to go in the situation at hand.

Another way God communicates with us by HIS Spirit is when we are reading Bible and a verse stands out to us and our attention is drawn to that specific verse. God is delivering a message to us by this and we need to stop reading and focus our attention on that specific verse, applying it to our lives in a proper way. 


Also God communicates with us by dreams.



***


In the Faith Movement church that I attended, Robert Tilton taught that if we wanted a red pickup truck, then get a picture of that truck and put it on your refrigerator and somehow you would figure out how to get that truck.

Also we were taught to find a scripture to justify that which we wanted and claim that scripture as we prayed.

I only did this one time and it did not work.  Usually when it did not work they would say your faith was not strong enough.  But this did not work for me because it was not the will of God for me.


I John 5

14 And this is the confidence that we have in HIM, that, if we ask any thing according to HIS will, HE heareth us:

15 And if we know that HE hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of HIM.

I don't recall anyone at Word of Faith speaking of seeking the will of God.  


***

A doctrine called "the authority of the believer" taught that as believers we have authority over the devil, and if any illness, or harm to our property through weather should try to come to us, we could take authority over that and stop it.  

They taught all good to be from God and all bad to be from the devil and they taught that we have authority over things of the devil.

So an "earthquake" would be considered to be bad for it destroyed property.

But God showed me this scripture:

Matthew 27:54   Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.

That earthquake was from God and did good!

Isaiah 45:7   God says:  I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Psalm 148:8   Fire, and hail; snow, and vapour; stormy wind fulfilling His word:

Hail storms were from God.  Wind storms were from God.

I came to see, through the scriptures, that God is in control of both good and evil and God sends weather as HE wills. 

Also the faith movement led us to assume that we as humans knew what was good and what was evil.  Eve wanted to know that for if she did know that she would be "as god".

Genesis 3

1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:

3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.


***

This doctrine taught in the faith movement taught you to be "as god", not to call on God.

People want to be god.  So it is reasonable that the movement would attract so many people for they thought they could prosper and control their lives if they found a scripture to stand on.

This movement is the antichrist spoken of by the apostle Paul in II Thessalonians 2.

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day (of the Lord) shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.


***

It is good to stand on scripture when God gives you that scripture by the Holy Spirit of Jesus.

But when we hunt a scripture, thinking we will get what we want, if we can find a scripture to claim to justify what we want, that is trying to be God.


***

Concerning prosperity:  God says:

Joshua 1

7 Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest.

8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Psalm 1

1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

We keep scripture before us day and night and think on those instructions so we can follow the Word of God in this life, thus pleasing God by going in HIS way.

God gives us many good things along the way.

And we know it is God giving us these things and we are not getting them of our own selves.

And we seek the will of God in all things.  Because we want to do the will of God.


***

Also we come to know it is not safe to trust in ourselves, in our own thinking.

Proverbs 14:12   There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

But we can safely trust in that which God brings to our mind by HIS Spirit.

James 1:5    If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Like the apostle Paul, we have no confidence in our own flesh.  Philippians 3

But we greatly rejoice when God tells us something by HIS Spirit and we have confidence in that which God tells us. 

We hold fast to that word which God brings to our mind by HIS Spirit knowing God will never fail to fulfill that word that HE gives us.  

There is a subtle difference between following God by faith in God, and having faith in that which we do by hunting a scripture to follow.

God gives us a word to lead us.  And we learn to hear that word.  And that word shows us what to do.  And we have great assurance when we are given that Word by the Spirit of God.

I can't imagine any thing more wonderful than knowing we are being led by God in that which we are doing!

***

The entire concept in faith begins with that which God tells us.

Genesis 12:1  Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:

Abraham believed it was God speaking to him and he did what God said to do.

This is faith in God.

God speaks and we hear and believe it was God speaking to us and then we do that which we heard to do.

There is nothing more exciting than this.

And to me there is nothing more "sure" than this.  God will do what HE says.

I've been led this way by God since I was born again in 1975 and God has never failed to bring to pass that which HE has told me and I have had great assurance in going forward in that thing when I have believed it was told me by God to do that thing.


***

In June, 2020, I was considering having the seats upholstered in my 25 year old car.  As I thought about this, I heard these words:  "Or you could just buy a new car."

"That's right!"  I thought.  

The money from the sale of the house in Texas was in the bank.  I had plenty to pay cash for a new car and have money left over.  

That same night God gave me a dream where I bought a new car.

The day after that dream, I bought a new car.

I knew God was leading me by HIS Spirit.

James 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.


***


Faith is hearing a Word from God.  Believing it is God speaking.  Then doing what is appropriate to that Word.

Joshua 1:9   God said:  Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

If God told us to do something, it will work even if there are problems along the way.

But first we have to hear a word from God. 

When we believe it is God speaking to us giving us that idea or that information, we obey.

(Devils try to imitate God and our own flesh often desires to do something and brings ideas to our mind.  So we do have to examine "that idea" to establish if it is from God.)

After we are persuaded it is from God, we do that instruction.

After doing what we believe to be from God, the fact that we believe it was God can help us with our faith. 

And we constantly hold onto the direction by this:   "Didn't God tell me to do this?"

If we are following our own ideas, that could be very risky.

But didn't God tell me to do this?

Proverbs 21:30   There is no wisdom nor understanding nor counsel against the LORD (The Word).

Those who are born again have the Spirit of God in them to lead them and guide them and to show them things to come.  (John 14:26 & John 16:13)

Romans 8:14   For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

It seems very simple to me.  After we are born again, God gives us HIS Spirit to lead us and guide us.   It is not unusual to be led by God.  It would be more unusual not to be led by God if we are really Christians.

I know many are not Christians today.  They put themselves into the churches without having the Spirit.  But if we do have the Spirit of God, then we can know God will lead us.

The Holy Spirit usually speaks in a very gentle voice.  And what HE tells me is easy to be intreated.

If I had to go in debt to do something, I would doubt the idea came from God.

One really great thing that happens when we are truly following God, we give glory to God. and not to ourselves. for we simply go by that which we believe God told us to do.

I've found God leads me by bringing concepts to my mind, by scriptures and by dreams.  Once I believe God spoke to me by an angel.  This is how God got me to go on radio in January 1980.  A very loud trumpet like voice blew 3 words into my mind as I was sleeping:  "Hartford, Seattle, KWJS"  Then when I didn't know how to go on radio, The Holy Spirit said to me, "Call the radio station manager."  I did that immediately and told him God might be showing me to go on radio and I asked him how you would do that.  The station manager told me to make an audition tape 29 1/2 minutes long and send it to him and if I fit his programming, they would offer me a contract.

I made the audition tape as soon as I got off the telephone and put the tape in the mail that morning to the station manager.  Within less than 5 days I was on radio station KWJS exhorting the church in things of God.

In January 2020, I was considering going back on radio.  God awoke Pam Padgett with a word, "Podcast."  She looked on internet to see details concerning Podcast broadcasts.  Pam told me and I really liked what I heard.  It was far less expensive than radio.  The broadcasts went all over the world and a library built up so listeners could select the broadcast and hear it any time.  Then God gave me a dream.  Starving kittens were at my front door.  And they were also in my garage.  They were waiting to be fed.  Some were at the point of death.  I asked God what I was to do with all these kittens and I heard to feed them.  They were the church.  We bought recording equipment and began broadcasts as soon as possible.  I have no doubt it was God leading me.

Following God by HIS Spirit has been a way of life for me for more than 40 years and I hope it is for you also.


*****