Monday, September 21, 2020

* God has the answer


Comments by Joan Boney:

When we follow that which is brought to our mind by the Holy Spirit of God, we have the direction that works for us.

Each of us have different needs. 

God has the answer ... always!

***

When I moved to Colorado, I connected with a health care provider.  I have fallen multiple times since 2010, and have bones in my body that have broken.  A type of pain results and is almost constant.

The nurse practitioner prescribed something which I could not take at all.  I tried twice and did not like the side effects so I just threw that bottle away.

In the last hospital in Lubbock, I was given a medicine called "Narco".  It worked with no side effects.  But it is also some form of drug and we were trying to find something without narcotic.

My last medical appointment, which was in early September, 2020, NP told me to take 2 Extra Strength Tylenol.  I decided to try one tablet first.  Immediately a strong metallic taste came into my mouth.  I tried eating various foods to get rid of that taste but it lasted for several hours and was most unpleasant, even with the gel caps pill.

I was troubled also because I felt I was trying to find the answer by looking to medical people rather than looking to God, and what I had been doing was not working for me.

I needed to turn to God for help.

So I began asking God to show me what to do about my body.

At one point I was reminded of a scene from a movie, "In Cold Blood".  One of the killers had a long standing physical problem and he took handfuls of aspirin to control pain.  

I had no idea this was God trying to lead me.  It was just one of those things that flashes through your mind rather quickly and then is gone and you don't connect with it meaning anything.

This morning that pain hit again and awoke me. 

What to do?

Sometimes I get out of bed and sit in the recliner and that eases the pain.

But this time I had the idea to take an aspirin.

I had a bottle in my bedside cabinet so I could reach one without getting out of bed.  I took one and stayed in bed.  I was really surprised how quickly the pain diminished.  Within about 30 minutes I was sleeping again.

Later this morning I remembered something else.  

I enjoy watching documentaries on television and recently in the list of offerings, there was a show about the discovery of aspirin and I kept being attracted to that production, although I am very non-medical and that doesn't seem like something that would interest me.  But finally I watched the program.  It concerned Bayer aspirin and how the product "aspirin" was developed in Germany and was called the wonder drug of that century.

I've had many times where the Holy Spirit was trying to deliver a message to me from God and HE had to repeat that same message as many as 3 times before I realized it was a message to me.

I've found God often leads me by directing my interest to something, like the aspirin documentary.

Sometimes the voice of the Holy Spirit speaking will be in the form of a very gentle thought which is so soft that I don't fully realize I've heard that information until a few minutes later and then I remember it.

Movies have been used before to catch my attention.  In the recent movie concerning Julia Childs, when the young woman began writing daily reports on what was called "a blog", I was fascinated!  At the time I saw the movie, I even thought, "I would love to do that but I don't have anything to write."  

Then in March 2012, I had a dream about a blog and realized we could communicate with the church through a blog and then I remembered the blog I had seen on that movie a few years earlier.

The Holy Spirit:  (John 14:26 & John 16:13)

* teaches us all things
* reminds us of all Jesus has said 
* guides us into all truth
* shows us things to come

In the Bible, the Holy Spirit is called, "The Spirit of Truth", "The Comforter", and the Holy Spirit is a "helper".

Being able to recognize the information brought to us by the Holy Spirit and to follow the instructions which are appropriate to that delivered by the Holy Spirit are critical to each of us as we go forward in these end times.

For ideas come from our flesh and ideas come from the Spirit.  We must follow the Spirit, denying the flesh.

Romans 8:1  

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.



*****